Danaher Corporation Operator II - 2nd Shift - Hach - Ames, IA in Ames, Iowa
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
Responsible for manufacturing quality product according to the work order or other build signal while adhering to defined work instructions. General duties may include picking, assembling, and packaging. In some areas, minor set-up and equipment operation may be required. 2nd shift opportunity.
Hours of Work: Monday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 1:30am. Overtime required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for producing quality products per the build signal
- Gather materials and set-up straightforward equipment.
- Maintain quality of products produced according to department standards and visual or dimensional specifications.
- Meet productivity standards.
- Record and maintain quality or traceability information.
- Record and maintain Cell Boards and other visual management tools
- Comply with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
- Maintain equipment according to work instructions or preventive maintenance tasks.
- Suggest improvements and support kaizen and DBS activities.
- Accurately perform required computer data entry and work order transactions (LOTS, scrap, Oracle, ARIBA, kanban, DRP, etc.).
- May operate several production machines or operations simultaneously
- Report complicated equipment malfunctions to mechanics.
- May be responsible for handling of and accurate disposal of chemical and non-chemical waste, some of which is hazardous and regulated.
- Participate in team meetings, which includes planning daily work and resource utilization, problem solving, project work, etc.
- Perform cycle counting and other inventory tasks, including material handling.
- Maintain visual management of part and raw material storage; clean and organized work area.
- Work with Planner and Manager to prioritize workload and equipment schedule to meet both internal and external demand.
- Assist in design, implementation and problem solving of new equipment and products.
- May be required to cross-train on other equipment or other areas as needed
Work with manager to suggest and initiate changes to process, machines, or procedures that improve safety, quality, delivery, or productivity.
Other Non Essential Functions
Interface with other departments as needed * May assist in interviewing and training of new associates.
- Perform other duties throughout the facility as assigned.
- HS diploma/GED or equivalent required.
- Six months production experience required.
6 months mechanical experience or equivalent required.
Possess manual dexterity and good coordination
- Possess basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Possess proven mechanical ability or aptitude
- Possess ability to resolve minor problems, recognize normal and unusual situations
- Ability to learn instrument or circuit board assembly (Loveland Colorado only), machine operations (including set up and changeover), and/or kitting.
- Some areas will require the ability to work with manual and/or power equipment.
Must have good oral and written communication skills.
Possess working knowledge of manufacturing processes helpful
/ The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. /
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to, stand/or sit, (select locations, see below),squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, and smell. The Loveland facility requires continuous standing for duration of the shift.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds .
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
All external hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, physical testing and a complete background check which could include credit history.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
For additional company details, seehttp://www.danaher.com/
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IA-Ames
Req ID: HAC004276