Sparboe Farms Warehouse Worker in Britt, Iowa
Join our Sparboe team today! Processing team members work in a clean, modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. Full time and day shift available, pay starting at $13.00 per hour.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Worker
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for all warehouse activities related to the efficient, effective and error free loading and unloading of trucks and related products, goods and supplies. The position is also responsible for the orderly storage and staging of product and supplies using a FIFO approach in all product and material handling/shipping, and related warehouse equipment, maintenance of warehouse and equipment and overall general housekeeping of warehouse, docks and outside dock areas.
- Safety First. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times. Know and obey all traffic and safety laws/regulation.
- Proper picking, staging and identification of pallets, cases and baskets for each scheduled load.
- Keeping completed orders in an organized form in the staging and loading areas, making sure all orders are placed, wrapped on, or in the correct pallet or basket.
- When required, load trucks according to delivery stop requirements.
- Ensure that all outgoing, finished product and pallets are clean and free from contamination to ensure the highest food quality and food safety.
- Utilizing inventory tracking systems, processes and administers support inventory needs, work and tasks. Using the AX system, generate reports and lists; perform data entry related to inventory of all materials, supplies, products, etc.
- Complete all documentation and data entry work related to truckloads coming into and leaving the facility. Count and report inventory levels of product, supplies, materials, etc. Perform inventory monitoring cycle counts and conduct audits to validate results.
- Participate in the coordination of dock hours and schedule via effective use of the dock scheduling tool.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Stacking of supplies (cartons, cases, and fillers) in an orderly manner in appropriate/designated storage locations.
- Unloading of pallets and baskets and storing in an orderly manner in appropriate/designated storage locations.
- Consolidation of materials to save space.
- Responsible for upkeep of the warehouse, including cleaning and general housekeeping duties.
- Ensure proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment. Perform daily safety inspections on pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by management.
- Will report any food safety and quality issues/concerns to their manager and/or quality team.
- Participate in all training sessions, including those related to safety and complex process.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Education: High School graduate or GED
- Past warehouse or cooler experience
- Math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Reading and comprehension skills necessary to read, understand and follow SOP’s and other written instructions or work details. English reading and writing abilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers, run reports complete accurate data entry and document information related to all reporting requirements of the warehouse, company inventory and quality systems and SOPs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate activity and work with other company employees and vendors/truck drivers on and off-site.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and well with all levels of employees, management and truck drivers.
- Ability to be accurate with attention to detail. Analytical, ability to prioritize and plan.
- Must be able to safely operate pallet jacks and forklifts and yard tractor.
- Ability to properly complete safety and regulatory documentation related to warehouse processes.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team. Team player.
- Effectively manage time, resolve issues as they arise and good decision making skills.
HOW TO APPLY: In person or online Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm 1981 Iowa Ave Britt, IA 50423
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: August 17, 2017
Rate: $13 USD per hour