Nordstrom Tailor/Alterations Specialist 2nd and 3rd Shift - Cedar Rapids, IA in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Nordstrom isn’t just another job — it’s a career. We’re a leading fashion retailer that’s offered the very best of what’s on trend for men, women and children since 1901. We believe in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. It’s fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
At our facility in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a broad range of positions support our efforts to provide an outstanding customer shopping experience by processing customer orders, returns and inbound merchandise. When you join the Cedar Rapids team, you'll be welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for skilled people to work in our Recovery Center.
The ideal tailor/sewer is motivated, results oriented, and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
Shift: Monday-Friday 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm and Sunday-Thursday 10:00pm-6:00am (overtime as needed)
• Perform and complete alterations and repairs according to Nordstrom guidelines and service standards
• Organize workload and complete items on time
• Meet or exceed productivity targets
• Follow through on projects and other requests in a timely manner
• Actively build and maintain product knowledge through an awareness of fit, style, construction, and trends
• Educate co-workers on shop procedures and guidelines in a professional and friendly manner
• Maintain equipment and supply inventory and request reorders as necessary
• Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
• 3-5 years previous experience or training in alterations/tailoring (preferred)
• Understanding of safe and proper use of all equipment in the shop
• Ability to communicate clearly and interact with coworkers in a personable, professional manner
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Basic math and written communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office suite
• High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
• Ability to work a flexible schedule- including overtime or weekends - based on department needs
• Successfully pass an on-site skills test where you will be evaluated on your ability to correctly operate sewing equipment and machines as well as correctly repair damaged merchandise
MUST INCLUDE RESUME
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required for this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Title: Tailor/Alterations Specialist 2nd and 3rd Shift - Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: Iowa-Cedar Rapids
Requisition ID: 292356