Principal Financial Group Business Analyst - #220606 in Des Moines, Iowa
Job Area: Business AnalystBusiness Area: Corporate Systems SupportLocation: IA - Des MoinesCareer Category: Experienced ProfessionalFull/Part Time: Full-TimeRegular/Temporary: RegularDate Posted: 2017-06-19
The prestige of a Fortune 500 company; the feel of a small business
At Principal®, every role supports a greater purpose— to help people live their best lives. And after more than 130 years we’ve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose.
Our employees are empowered to do their best work. We care about more than just skillsets and job responsibilities. We’re invested in helping our employees diversify their experiences, meet new challenges and reach bigger goals. Working at Principal comes with many opportunities and paths for career growth—all in the kind of welcoming, collaborative and community-spirited environment you’ll look forward to working in every day.
Once such opportunity is as a Product Owner with our Corporate Support Systems IT area. This role involves numerous critical deliverable but a few we would consider most important include:
· Represent business as a subject matter expert on project teams for large, complex projects.
· Responsible for working with stakeholders to define and prioritize the backlog so that solutions effectively address program priorities while maintaining technical integrity.
· Product Owner has the primary responsibility for what gets built.
What will it take to make someone successful in this role? We’re glad you asked!
· 2+ years of formal Business Analyst experience required
· Top notch communication skills
· Relationship building
· Ability to embrace change
· Negotiation and compromise skills
· Technical aptitude
· Ability to influence without authority
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (degree in a STEM related field is preferred)
· Willingness to be a part of an on-call rotation
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.