Hire IT People, LLC PM - Project Manager in des moines, Iowa
PM - Project Manager
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job ID :
State of Iowa
des moines, IA
2 days ago
Short Description: This position requires experience in vendor management. Must be experienced in managing and coordinating project direction and scope from analysis through implementation, including discovery work with business leaders, technology, and 3rd party vendors.
Complete Description: IN-PERSON Interview Required. No exceptions
Define and display formal communication methods, establish open and consistent communication within the agency (including executive management), as well as with PMO management.
Plan and direct delivery of information to management and project teams on project plans, schedules, budgets, proposals, requirements, analysis, designs, strategies, recommendations, issues and tasks and activities.
Actively manage resources dedicated to the project, determining task to assignments, identifying needs, and coordinating project activities and adhering project deadlines.
Direct problem resolution, decision making, communications and other associated activities during all phases of large or medium complex projects using a pro-active and positive approach.
• Ability to interact with executives
• Ability to lead a team in ambiguous situations
• Ability to coordinate activities with business and technology overlaps
• Ability to lead and facilitate a team in collaborative decision-making
• Strong ability to analyze and solve problems and conflict resolution
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong relationship builder; ability to lead individuals from multiple business areas with various levels and skills
• Experience leading vendor driven projects preferred
• Product and services management background
• Problem Solving
• Analytical/ Critical Thinking
• Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
• Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
• Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
• Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
• Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
• Humility: Although a top performer in given practice, willingness to show patience in learning the “business” of state government and its functionalities
• Ability to work autonomously and drive delivery
• Highly organized
• Able to fit and Works well within an established team
Required / Desired
Experienced in managing and coordinating project direction and scope from analysis through implementation for a Software Development project
Experience coordinating with third party vendors to implement internal solutions
Demonstrated experience managing multiple small to medium size concurrent projects
Experience working with Agile methodology