Cumuls Broadcasting Sales & Marketing Assistant - PART TIME in Des Moines, Iowa
Cumulus Media’s Des Moines location is offering a great opportunity to be a part of the sales side of the radio broadcasting industry as a Part Time Sales and Marketing Assistant. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
Who We Are:
Cumulus Des Moines currently features 5 stations in the Des Moines metro area. Nash-FM 97.3 KHKI, 92.5 Nash Icon KJJY, 95 KGGO, 98.3 The Vibe and Talk-Sports 1700 KBGG. Our stations reach hundreds of thousands of listeners on a weekly basis. At Cumulus Des Moines we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus owns and operates 460 radio stations in 90 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee. More recently, Cumulus is the proud creator of NASH- an exciting new lifestyle and entertainment brand targeting over 90 million country music fans nationwide.
The Sales and Marketing Assistant position is a part time (approximately 20 hours per week), hourly, administrative position. Experience should include proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook, etc.), and graphic design software. This individual will be responsible for preparing a variety of reports for the sales team, assisting with presentation design, and organizing and inputting orders. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Assist Account Executives, Sales Manager, and Market Manager
- Organize and input new and revised orders; work with various departments to ensure all elements are executed per the order.
- Assist with the preparation of sales materials and proposals.
- Provide customer care to help eliminate problems and grow our business.
- Backup for AEs as needed for input of vCreative orders.
- Prepare sales reports as needed.
- Update and maintain all station marketing materials.
- Utilize radio research tools - Nielson reporting/Arbitron, Media Monitors, X-Ray.
- Assist sellers and Managers with pulling and filing audience research.
- Work with Digital Content Coordinator on any web/digital sales needs
- Provide assistance to AEs for other duties as needed
- Provide support to SM and MM on various projects and needs
- Manage specialty projects; One-day sale, Branding Workshop, Political
- Manage National orders/business; i.e. Westwood One
Assist Director of Marketing & Promotions (Social Media & E-Newsletters) – as time allows
- Social Media & E Newsletter Lead
- Assist with creation & management social media content on all platforms across all stations
- Work off of the Social Media Calendar, produced by Promotions & Marketing Director, to ensure content for Programming & Sales promotions are posted
- Follow key clients, socially, and engage with them to create a relationship
- Follow businesses that certain AE’s are targeting to glean insight into their business and find ways to match their social habits with assets that AE’s can monetize
- Research new ways to engage with our audience and target new audience
- Focus on trends within social media and capitalize on those as well as current events
- Work with Promotions & Marketing Director on developing & executing engaging E-Newsletters that will increase open and click through rates while building subscribers
- Assist AEs with trade accounts – input schedules, obtain spots/copy, ensure any products (tickets, certificates etc.) are received and delivered to Business Manager.
- Assist Business Manager with miscellaneous duties as assigned
- First backup for receptionist (covers lunches, time off, etc.)
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good at problem solving and prioritizing
- Great team player
- prior experience as an Assistant preferred
What We Offer:
- Cumulus offers an opportunity to embark on a career with the fastest growing media company in the U.S.
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
- Competitive pay and the ability to increase income.
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at http://www.cumulus.com/careers.
*Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. *
Location: Des Moines, IA