AgReliant Genetics Production Lead in Marcus, Iowa
AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, Golden Acres, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, Eureka, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
This position is responsible for general production activities throughout different seasons during the year. This will include, but not limited to, receiving soybean seed during harvest, conditioning/treating soybean seed, warehousing/shipping, and equipment maintenance. Critical to this position is the ability to lead/train/supervise seasonal and full time employees while performing production activities. This position will work in partnership with the location team to ensure production and safety goals are accomplished.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism.
• Promote a positive image of the company.
• Assist and lead safety programs.
• Commit to a safe working environment and practices.
• Assist and lead training of seasonal and full time employees.
• Assist in field operations and scouting.
• Coordinate, lead and monitor operations for a single shift.
• Operate and calibrate seed conditioning/treating equipment.
• Operate packaging equipment.
• Coordinate a packaging/shipping crew.
• Warehouse finished product and supplies, including checking for accuracy.
• Lead maintenance and troubleshooting of plant equipment.
• Work, communicate and maintain relationships with outside vendors, contactors, and seed growers.
• Complete all paperwork/reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Cross train in all plant operations and multiple office duties.
• Perform duties assigned to meet company quality standards including: maintenance, housekeeping, and safety.
• Follow all safety procedures and maintain housekeeping of plant.
• Execute other duties as required.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised, as needed, by the Location Manager either verbally and/or in writing.
Junior college degree required. Bachelor’s degree in agricultural field preferred or a minimum 3 years of seed production experience.
Excellent communication skills, team player, self-motivated, detail orientated, computer skills in Excel and Word, certified pesticide applicator, Commercial Driver’s License.
Work assigned hours and shifts; meet MVR standards; lift 70 lbs.; work indoors and outdoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions; walk seed fields, 5 mi / day.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
External Company URL: www.agreliantgenetics.com