Fleet Farm Store Manager in Mason City, Iowa
Are you an experienced big-box Retail Manager who can lead, execute, and are driven toward profitability and excellence? Are you looking for a more challenging career with a growing Midwest retailer? Do you have an interest in leading current and future store developments? At Mills Fleet Farm, you’ll find all of that and more!
Who is Mills Fleet Farm? Mills Fleet Farm is a growing value-based retailer of lifestyle merchandise that has been proudly serving farm, ranch and suburban customers in the Upper Midwest since 1955. Our stores offer a wide assortment of goods anchored by five key categories: farm/pet supplies, hunting/fishing products, auto parts, home improvement/home living goods and outdoor/work apparel. Our average store size is approximately 200,000 total square feet. Most locations include automotive service, a convenience store or gas station and a car wash. It’s safe to say, we’ve got something for everyone.
We are looking for experienced Store Managers that can use their creativity and entrepreneurial drive to manage all aspects of a retail store operation. Our Store Managers recruit and develop staff, manage in-store product assortments and inventory, analyze margin and profit levels, drive store top line sales and comp sales increases, advocate superior customer service, and develop strategies to address opportunities.
Once hired, our Store Managers complete a 6-month Management training program. Training will be completed at multiple store locations. After the successful completion of training, with a demonstrated solid understanding of Mills Fleet Farm Retail Operations and meeting all of the Company qualifications of a store leader, Store Managers will be offered the opportunity to manage a store. This will require relocation.
Mills Fleet Farm Store Manager Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of store operations. Meet or exceed assigned goals and objectives through labor management, comp sales increases, customer service metrics, auto service metrics, fiscal accountability, and merchandising.
- Commit to providing exceptional customer service on a daily basis.
- Lead recruiting initiatives for hourly Team Members and salaried Manager Trainees.
- Consistently evaluate and develop talent.
- Effectively coach those Team Members performing below expectations through effective communication, timely feedback, and performance appraisals.
- Drive sales at high velocity by using superior merchandising skills to ensure the best visual placement of product.
- Use project management skills to organize, plan and set deadlines for initiatives, as well as monitor progress to ensure goals are met.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and respond quickly and appropriately to changing environments.
- Ensure compliance of all policies, procedures, and practices at all times, both personally and by all Team Members.
- Champion the Mills Fleet Farm brand throughout the store.
Mills Fleet Farm Store Manager Benefits Include:
- 10% Team Member Discount
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Profit Sharing & 401(k)*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
- Health/Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off/Paid Legal Holidays
- Bonus Program*
- Relocation Assistance*
- Uniform Shirt Provided
*Eligibility requirements apply
Mills Fleet Farm Store Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Retail Management, Business, or related field strongly desired.
- Retail Store (preferably Big Box) Management experience required.
- Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis, decision making, and financial analysis.
- General knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess a high level of business acumen.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to ensure high level performance.
- Must be willing to relocate to other company locations if needed.
- Will work a minimum of 50 hours per week, but additional hours may be required as circumstance arise.
- Will work a rotating schedule including days, nights, every other weekend and occasional holidays.
*This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position. *
Requisition Number: 17-4685
Title: Store Manager
City: Mason City