Collabera Design Engineer in Waterloo, Iowa
• Coordinate the design and release of engine wiring harnesses and related components from concept phase into production
• Create designs using a three dimensional CAD package.
• Produce and evaluate possible wire harness design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
• Read electrical schematics to relate to wire harness designs
• Complete two dimensional harness drawings
• Participate on a cross functional team and perform design reviews
• Knowledge and understanding of wire routing and routing considerations including the Routing Quality Assessment (RQA).
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems through coursework, projects, internships and prior work experience.
• Desire to work in a team environment where innovative ideas are shared and developed.
• Practical and/or design experience with Engine and/or Off-highway Equipment
• Advanced experience with Pro/E, especially the Pro/Cabling module.
• Experience with Capital Harness Systems (CHS) or similar electrical schematic design/development programs
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
• Required experience in designing wire harnesses
• Required experience in Pro/Engineer (CREO) Cabling and PDM Link.