Iowa State University Clerk III- Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory in Ames, Iowa
Position Title:Clerk III- Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
Required Minimum Quals:• Any combination of related clerical office experience, related undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training that is the equivalent to two years of full-time employment.
Preferred Qualifications:Knowledge and understanding of medical/veterinary terminologyExperience reviewing and editing case reportsExperience with billing, invoices, and transactionsExperience working independentlyExperience that showcases absolute accuracy and attention to detail
Job Description:Job Description
The Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (VDL) in the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking qualified candidates for a Clerk III.
The ISU VDL is a full-service veterinary diagnostic laboratory engaged in missions of service, teaching and research on a daily basis. The laboratory processes 90,000+ submissions from veterinarians and researchers annually.
Under direct supervision, performs clerical work such as computing and coding requiring independent judgment in the application of policies and procedures within the area of assignment and according to stated guidelines. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals, and/or a variety of software and conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Examines, evaluates and verifies documents such as reports, purchase orders, payrolls, invoices, checks and vouchers, or student files for completeness and accuracy, determining conformity to established guidelines or policies, and personally follows up on discrepancies and resolves problems.
• Maintains appropriate files.
• Reviews inquiries and provides information regarding policies and procedures requiring knowledge of both assigned and related work areas.
• Prepares, compiles, and maintains records; calculates estimates or billings; and monitors, verifies, and reconciles departmental statements.
• Recognizes and resolves problems.
• May prepare cash reports and cash register edits.
• Integrates information and may run routine queries to generate or produce reports.
• Assigns, coordinates and reviews the work of other clerical personnel for conformance to established guidelines.
• Composes correspondence in response to routine inquiries frequently without instruction or review.
• Initiates and processes standardized forms related to area of assignment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of office routines and functions sufficient to refer visitors and telephone calls and to route correspondence by name and functional area.
• Knowledge of institutional and unit policies, processes and forms.
• Knowledge of proper format, grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization.
• Skill in utilizing computer software packages and online systems.
• Skill in operating office equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and apply institutional and other policies accurately.
• Ability to gather, evaluate, and display data in appropriate format and keep accurate records.
• Ability to exercise functional supervision over employees.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Number of Months Employed Per Year:12 Month Work Period
Time Type:Full time
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Application Instructions:Apply for this position by clicking on “Apply” and completing the Merit Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter details about your education and work history. If you have questions regarding the application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Original Posting Date:February 18, 2021
Posting Close Date:February 26, 2021
Job Requisition Number:R4211
Iowa State University (http://www.iastate.edu/) is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. More than 30,000 students are enrolled and are served by over 6,200 faculty and staff.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University’s Principles of Community (http://www.diversity.iastate.edu/principles-of-community) .
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the application process please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485. Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485. TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942.
General ISU compensation information can be found here:https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation