UnityPoint Health Patient Activities Coordinator (Part Time) in Anamosa, Iowa
Description of Position:
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, will provide an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests, and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of JRMC patients. Will organize and implement activities as planned and posted.
% of Time
· The Activities Coordinator will plan, develop, and deliver quality activities and life-enriching programs for patients served by JRMC to meet state and CMS standards for assessment and documentation.
Development & Education:
· Complete activity assessment on all SNF patients within 48 hours of admission / transfer to skilled level of care at JRMC.
· Document participation of activities being offered to skilled patients at least 2 times weekly.
· Collaborates with manager in planning and implementing a monthly activity calendar to provide to staff and patients.
· Follows established department policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
· Performs other related duties as requested and required. Attends department and hospital meetings and completes required in-services.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DIA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High school graduate
· Completion of the activity 75 hour continuing education course.
· Continuing education requirements
· A qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional whom is licensed or registered by the state of Iowa.
Experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Able to work effectively with patients and families.
· Complete activity assessment on all skilled patients within 48 hours of admission or transfer to skilled level of care at JRMC.
· Document participation in activities.
· Offer activities at least 2 times weekly as well as some evening and weekend activities based on convenience to the patient.
· Maintain confidentiality of all patients or physician related information.
· Communicate, cooperate, and perform job duties efficiently in a courteous manner to achieve patient satisfaction.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Provide a monthly activity calendar to patients.
· Facilitate group activities as needed.
· Performs other related duties as requested.
· Participate in JRMC FOCUS groups.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Information about Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA
Jones Regional Medical Center has been named 5th fastest growing hospital in the US by Modern Healthcare
· All private rooms
· Three major trauma rooms with an additional four exam rooms
· State-of-the-art equipment and lighting
· Easy navigation for patients to be evaluated and treated in the ED
· Radiology/laboratory services located next to ED for easy testing access
· 5500+ volume Monthly
· 24/7 RT, Lab, ER and Radiology
· Daytime offerings - Therapy, Wound, Social Services, Counseling, Rehabilitation
· Great place to have a rural quality of life but have access to larger cities (30-minutes to Cedar Rapids and 45-minutes to Iowa City)
Choose Jones County
Jones County, located in the heart of Eastern Iowa along Highway 151, is central to major U.S. markets. Within five hours of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Madison, and Omaha with easy access to the crossroads of America, Interstates 80 and 35.
Living in Jones County
· Easy highway access to major shopping/entertainment in Cedar Rapids
· Just 45 minutes from Iowa City
· Growing trail system for walking and biking
· Museums including the National Motorcycle Museum and the Anamosa State Penitentiary Museum
· State and local parks for camping and recreation
· Two new aqua parks
· Numerous golf courses
· Home of the Jones County Fair the 3rd largest county fair in the state of Iowa.
Requisition ID: 2021-98053
Street: 1795 Hwy 64 E
Name: 1050 UnityPoint Health Jones Regional Medical Center
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.25
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 10 Hour Per Week