Select Medical ABA Therapist- Select Kids Ankeny, IA in Ankeny, Iowa
Select Kids is looking to hire a Full time ABA Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) in Ankeny, IA. The ideal candidate has a RBT certification and at least 1-year experience in a multi-disciplinary pediatric clinic.
The RBT will work 1:1 with children with an Autism diagnosis and will be responsible for collecting and recording data. The RBT will also be responsible for implementing verbal behavior programs and behavior intervention plans developed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)/Case Manager. They will be supervised by a BCBA Case Manager and will receive and implement feedback in a professional manner.
• Review Policies & Procedures manual on a yearly basis and adheres to the policies and procedures set forth as well as any updates.
• Complete and maintain all Corporate & Clinical Services required trainings and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
• Treat and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary. Document this need clearly.
• Maintain ongoing documentation in which goals, progress toward functional goals, and medical necessity are clearly stated.
• Complete all required documentation (pre-certifications, physicians reports, daily notes, charge tickets, etc.) legibly or electronically, appropriately and in a timely fashion in order to meet facility, physician and payor deadlines.
• Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third party payors at all times.
• Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by Center Manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
• Utilize time efficiently and effectively to meet productivity requirements of the facility.
• Participate in and present clinical in-services.
• Maintain current awareness of general changes in the healthcare field and specific issues impacting the practice of physical therapy.
• Play a significant role in specific area of center operations as agreed upon between employee and Center Manager.
• Subject to limitations imposed by state/local/federal law.
• Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
• Some travel may be required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to work effectively as a team member in a professional manner.
• Strong leadership skills to effectively direct and supervise the activities of assistants and aides in delivering quality care to patients. Includes coaching and teaching skills.
• Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
• Effective clinical problem solving skills (eg. identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop and execute sound, innovative action plans, ensure appropriate results, etc.).
• Strong communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized oral and written presentations of information to patients and staff and referral sources.
• Computer skills for effective reporting including documentation, billing, payroll, note taking, etc.
• Requires the ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and outside agencies.
• Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within an outpatient setting.
• Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
• Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
• Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Minimum of a high school diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred (ABA, Psychology, Child Development, Special Education etc)
Completion of the 40-hours of RBT training
Pass the RBT exam
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
Street 2: 110 N Ankeny Blvd
External Company Name: Select Medical
External Company URL: www.selectmedical.com
Street: Select Kids Pediatric Therapy (50866)