Great Western Bank Business Banking Associate II in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
General Description and Essential Functions
The Business Banking Associate II processes and maintains commercial loans and assists Commercial Lenders. May be responsible for coordinating Group or Regional level projects. Acts as a resource to other Business Banking Associates on systems requirements, issues of a complex nature, etc.
• Assist loan officers in the pre-closing activities of commercial loan requests by researching good standing of legal entities, researching UCC-1 filings of record, pulling credit reports on individuals, ordering real estate title work, real estate appraisals, and flood determinations.
• Process general ledger tickets for new and renewed loans. Ensure that loans are booked and coded correctly in the computer.
• Process loan payments, advances, late fees and other related items. Create and distribute various reports as needed.
• Order lien searches and title commitments to verify that the bank will be in the proper lien position and verify that the liens and other items are recorded accurately and timely.
• Responsible for post loan closing activities including the maintenance of the Tickler System as it pertains to collateral tracking and financial reporting requirements, and the imaging of all post loan closing and supporting documents.
• Prepare payoff request letters and processes the payoffs when received. Prepare Adverse Action letters and files.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all loan software. Assist management in ensuring that enhancements and changes are properly implemented.
• Act as the primary contact for customer inquiries on required tracking items, loan servicing, basic cash management, and customer service issues and questions.
• Prepare and coordinate audits.
• Assist with and/or complete loan closings for lenders.
• Support multiple lenders responsible for handling a high volume of complex loans and/or relationships.
• Handle and understand a wide variety of loan types including but not limited to Government Guaranteed, LOC, Ag, Construction, etc.
• High school diploma, Associate Degree or equivalency.
• 3-5 years of commercial loan administrative or processing experience needed.
• Proficient math and computer skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage time effectively and establish priorities.
• Detailed and deadline oriented.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs