CRST International Driver Manager in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
CRST Expedited is seeking a self motivated and results oriented Driver Manager to be located in our Cedar Rapids, IA office.
*Job Summary: *The Driver Manager is responsible for managing and developing relationships with drivers to increase overall driver satisfaction and to improve driver retention.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Coach and manage drivers a fleet of drivers to ensure high on-time delivery performance and fleet profitability.
- Develop relationship with drivers to improve performance and encourage retention.
- Communicate customer needs to drivers through dispatch instruction.
- Review and authorize driver pay related items.
- Ensure driver and other transportation safety procedures are followed.
- Coordinate with Load Planning personnel to obtain loads that meet driver and customer needs.
- Act as the driver advocate toward internal departments to answer driver questions, driver concerns, and/or resolve issues.
- Maximize equipment utilization and driver pay.
- Work closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a related field required
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Previous management or coaching experience required
- Effective communication skills are needed
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
CRST is an EOE. Offer contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time