UnityPoint Health IT Technical Support Representative - Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5p in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
*This shift is for Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5p.
As a member of the IT Service Center team, the Technical Support Representative is responsible for first-line IT support for all UnityPoint Health regions. This position works closely with UnityPoint Health employees to understand and resolve their IT technical service needs and/or communicate the service need to 2nd level support or management when further troubleshooting is required.
• Works collaboratively with other UnityPoint Health IT team members to assist in problem resolution and optimal application functionality.
• Builds team morale by creating and maintaining effective working relationships while communicating openly, honestly and professionally with co-workers.
• Provides phone coverage for essential business needs identified by management.
• Provides front line technical phone support for system applications and hardware when our customer’s service needs arise.
• Facilitates communication around outages when needed.
• Utilizes problem tracking tool to notate issues and sufficient resources to assist users as needed
• Assist co-workers with ongoing training needs on new system functions, hardware/software, and workflow.
• Updates department knowledgebase and processes/procedures as needed
• Identify areas where further
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally fundedhealthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
• Minimum two year degree in computer science or equivalent work experience accepted only if previous experience applies to the position
•Four year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar education preferred
•Minimum two years of experience in call center, technology field, or healthcare industry
•Knowledge of healthcare industry systems. Understands computer system functionality, limitations, and architecture of supported applications
•Working knowledge of various hardwaredevices and operating systems
•General knowledge of Microsoft products
•Communicates effectively both verbally and non-verbally
•Aptitude to multitask with multiple systems while effectively communicating with customer
•Excellent typing and notation skills
Requisition ID: 2020-83648
Street: 3851 River Ridge Dr NE
Name: 9010 Administration
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org