ADM Lab Tech - Cedar Rapids, IA (Wet Mill) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Lab Tech - Cedar Rapids, IA (Wet Mill)
Under limited supervision, conducts in-process and finished product testing to determine adherence to established specifications of quality and purity.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
· Performs daily process monitoring tests throughout the plant as assigned, including microbiological analysis.
· Prepare process and finished product samples, perform analytical testing using instrumental and record results using computerized data systems.
· Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, if necessary.
· Documents results of all testing procedures and promptly notifies processing departments of required adjustments to operating procedures.
· Understands most production processes required in the production of product and may make recommendations to operators in order to achieve product quality.
· Performs light maintenance and calibration on all ADM laboratory equipment.
· Maintains on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer on a daily basis.
· Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies.
· Continually compares equipment readouts with samples of standards as required to insure that all systems are operating accurately.
· Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
· Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
· Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
· Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
· Handles various chemicals in assorted containers in the manner outlined in the manufacturer’s chemical Material Safety Data Sheet.
· Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
· Participates actively in training.
· Familiarizes themselves with the hazards in their work area and how to protect themselves.
· Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Always focuses on safety, quality, and integrity
IA - Iowa
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
- ADM Jobs