TEKsystems Senior Business Analyst in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
There is an immediate need for a Senior Systems Business Analyst. This resource will be instrumental in shifting them from legacy Waterfall to SAFe agile as they productize their organization. This role can be 100% remote and either fulfilled as a full-time employee or in a contract to hire arrangement.
This role is structured in cross functional teams that allow individuals to make informed decisions that benefit the company and our customers.
The company is a highly successful entrepreneurial company providing equipment financing to businesses across the United States. Our exemplary customer service, our principle-centered business philosophy and our team-based operating approach are key to our success and growth.
They are structured in cross functional teams that allow individuals to make informed decisions that benefit the company and our customers. There is no doubt in our minds we are building the greatest company of its kind, offering the finest products and services available anywhere. When you are part of the this team, you are part of the future, part of an opportunity to grow professionally and to reach your potential while enjoying your work.
We Are Looking to Add a Key Member to Our Systems Team!
The successful candidate acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The business analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business community.
As a Senior Systems Business Analyst, You’ll:
• Have strong familiarity with the information systems utilized by them
• Be an active listener
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Continuous communication with IT and business leaders to ensure the corporate strategic vision and our technology platform remain protected and healthy
• Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements
• Analyzes, documents and tests program development, logic, process flows and specifications
• May partner with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing
• May document user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures
• Demonstrative ability to solve problems
• Self-directed, self-motivated
• Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines
• Performs additional duties as required
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
For all Team Members: Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability, Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability
For this position:
• Business Acumen
○ “How well do you comprehend the larger issues surrounding a business?”
• Conceptual Thinking
○ “How well do you recognize the common factors in new situations and apply previously successful approaches to those situations?”
• Consensus Building
○ “How well do you work with others in order to agree on a common goal?”
• Relationship Building
○ “Can you work effectively with different types of people and build rapport and trust?”
• Systems Analysis
○ “How well can you break down issues or problems into component parts to identify root causes and effects?”
Education: Four year degree in Information Systems, Business, or related field
• Five to ten years’ experience in information systems
• Any previous role demonstrating the ability to comprehend technology and it's applications
• Demonstrated ability to apply BABOK fundamentals to drive realization of high value technology changes
• CBAP certification preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Able translate “back of napkin ideas” into actionable technical solution requirements
• Strength in creating compelling business cases and/or knowing when to cut bait
• Excellent understanding of business complexity, existing technical capabilities, and project interdependencies
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
• Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
• Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
• In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
Work Location: This role can be 100% remote and / or onsite at their headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA
scaled agile framework, Business analysis, Agile, Scrum, Requirement gathering, User stories, Development, Business analysts
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
ECBA (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis)
CCBA (Certified of Capability in Business Analysis)
CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.
- TEKsystems Jobs