Warren Distribution Production Worker (Packaging 230pm-11pm Mon-Fri) in Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Production Worker is responsible for performing all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. The individual in this position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Perform work on production line; run equipment and inspect, stack, separate, count, and pack product.
• Conduct quality checks and properly record information.
• Monitor machinery and equipment operation to ensure all product meets performance specifications and requirements. Promptly notify supervisor of any quality or production issue.
• Assist with changeovers.
• Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Keep up with machine production rates.
• Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
• Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
• Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
• Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Entry level position (0 to 2 years’ experience).
• Must be able to obtain forklift license through Warren Distribution.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Remain in a stationary position when performing line operations.
• Regularly move about when moving along the line as needed to perform job duties.
• Transport products and materials weighing up to 58 pounds when moving products to the line and or emptying boxes to the load area.
• Manipulate products on pallets, using force of up to 35 pounds.
• Position oneself to retrieve products or materials from ground level.
• Reach forward and overhead when inspecting product and moving pallets.
• Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access the machine, catwalk, and when climbing over machinery/line.
• Position and handle product, boxes, and pallets.
• Perceive the nature of sounds and have the ability to exchange detailed information while performing job duties in a manufacturing plant where noise level is moderate to high.
• Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• The individual in this position will be expected to work in a manufacturing plant environment, which may include being exposed to work in high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.