Cobham Mission Mechanical Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Product Engineering Team. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Participate in integrated product development teams involving all aspects of the product life cycle.
- Develop new products, and execute the necessary program plans required to ensure that product development requirements are met.
- Provide guidance to CAD designers using Pro-E, Creo, or SolidWorks and to technicians and manufacturing personnel during development and production.
- Work with suppliers on component and product development.
- Research and develop new related technologies as needed.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers.
- Develop test plans to verify models for component and product characteristics.
- Interface with customers as part of development-team programs.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace) or related technical field from an ABET accredited program.
- Experience using CAD tools.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 3.0 GPA from an ABET accredited Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Program.
- Experience with Pro-E, Creo and/or SolidWorks.
- Experience with Six Sigma and statistical analysis.
- Experience with technical writing and preparing formal reports.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing, customer focus and cross functional teamwork skills.
- Excellent written, persuasion and consensus building, listening and verbal communication skills.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 29-Oct-2018, 4:13:16 PM
Recruiter: Lorie Warren
Req ID: 263955