Airgas Usa LLC Welder Repair Technician in Davenport, Iowa
/Are you ready to be a part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?/
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Welder Repair Technician in Davenport, IA!
What you will do:
The Welder Repair Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, mechanical and control functionality of welding equipment for Airgas and Airgas’s customers. This position will repair engine drives, inverters, transformers and automation equipment. The position is required to maintain an inventory of parts and supplies and maintain all required documentation including tracking of all work hours for appropriate customer billing.
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs , to perform routine/preventative maintenance (PM) and perform National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to: o Manual, robotic and semi-automatic Pulsed Metal Arc Welding (GMAW-P), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Plasma Arc Welding (PAW) equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems. o Orbital tube and pipe welding systems. o High purity bulk and cylinder gas systems. o Integrated welding and motion control systems.
- Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtains customer’s signature on the order prior to leaving facility.
- Maintains company provided diagnostic equipment, tools and other equipment in clean, good working condition and within manufacturer’s recommendations. Properly locks and secures the equipment at the end of each day.
- Maintains inventory of parts in the Airgas facility.
- Communicates routinely with manager on the job status, daily activities and condition of equipment.
- Communicates by phone and in person with vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc.
- Maintains database of and schedule of all calibration and PM’s on Airgas and Airgas’s customer equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will have:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior related electrical and or electronics repair experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience using SAP preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google suite applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Must have general mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to plan a logical approach to troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction with ability to represent Airgas to our customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Regularly required to move up to 60 pounds and transport up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Frequent local travel (85% of work time). Must be willing to be away from home for customer service calls and certification schools approximately 10% of the time (estimate 2 days per month)
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation and valid US driver’s license.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Welder Repair Technician
Requisition ID: 32019