UMB Bank Appraiser II (Residential Reviewer) in Des Moines, Iowa
Be part of something more.
A majority of our time is spent “at work.” We believe that time most meaningful when it’s spent around people who care about you and who challenge you. We hire people who know how to make good decisions, because we won’t be constantly looking over your shoulder—you’ll be empowered to do what’s right for our customers. Most importantly, we’re a partner. We partner with our associates to help them thrive personally and professionally. We partner with our communities and the organizations that support them. And, we partner with our customers to create an experience they won’t find elsewhere.
Are you ready to be part of something more?
You’re more than a means to an end—a way to help us meet the bottom line. UMB isn’t comprised of workers, but of people who care about their work, one another and their community. Expect more than the status quo. At UMB, you can expect more heart . You’ll be valued for exactly who you are and encouraged to support causes you care about. Expect more trust . We want you to do the right thing, no matter what. And, expect more opportunity . UMBers are known for having multiple careers here and having their voices heard.
The Credit Administration team is responsible for company-wide credit oversight, including credit quality, policy, administration and credit related processes, with a focus on loan portfolio management and reporting, including segmentation and assessment of our exposures under normal and stressed scenarios.
Within Credit Administration, the Appraisal Review team supports Commercial, Small Business and Consumer Lending. This Appraiser II role will support consumer lending and will ensure compliance with the valuation of real property as outlined in federal regulations and bank policy in order to mitigate risk.
How you will spend your time:
· Review reports for quality assurance in accordance with FIRREA and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
· Complete internal validations of real property.
· Communicate procedures and results to UMB associates in a timely manner.
We are excited to talk to you if you have:
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in appraising and/or reviewing appraisals for commercial and/or residential real estate properties.
Appraisal and/or review experience of luxury homes (custom builds, estates, mountain homes, waterfront homes, etc.) is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively apply bank policy and regulatory requirements to daily responsibilities.
· Demonstrated excellent business communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload for efficient performance and timely assignment completion.
· Demonstrated high attention to detail.
· Demonstrated sound decision making abilities.
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
· Demonstrated general proficiency of Microsoft Office Products.
· Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills.
This opportunity might be right for you if are looking for:
· Bank with tremendous CRE loan growth
· Predictable work volume and schedule
· A company with stability and longevity in the market
· Potential for Flexible hours and remote work
· A company and team that values Work/life balance
· A salary position with good benefits including PTO
· Company paid continuing education and license renewal
· Company paid advanced education and support to obtain designation(s)
· A well established Appraisal Review department
Open to qualified remote candidates.
The pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is typically $60,79 to $112,875 annually. The selected candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, including but not limited to work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay for the selected candidate may be above or below this range. The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in one or more incentive plans based on company and individual performance.
UMB and its affiliates are committed to inclusion and diversity and provide employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 816-860-7972 to let us know the nature of your request.
Who we are
We are more than a company. We are advisors, consultants, problem solvers, friends, community members, experts, and we are here to help you make the best of every moment with a financial foundation that can help you succeed.
- UMB Bank Jobs