UnityPoint Health Care Manager-Powell Chemical Dependecy Center in Des Moines, Iowa
Integrates and coordinates care of individuals across the healthcare continuum. Facilitates the interdisciplinary plan of care in order to meet multiple service needs, promotes continuity of care through elimination of fragmentation of care/service, and facilitates the effective utilization of resources. Serves as educator and a central source of communication for the individual and their support systems.
Completes a comprehensive initial assessment of the individual’s physical and mental health status including clinical conditions, support systems and resources to identify needs and make referrals to appropriate multi-disciplinary services. Documents initial evaluation in a timely manner
Provides telephone triage for persons calling in (potential waiting list patients, referrals to ED or Intensive Outpatient Services
Completes all insurance authorizations, utilization review for patient care and leave management documentation
Monitors and coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care that is in partnership with the individual and their support services for needs and services across the health care continuum and for transition through the levels of care
Addresses length of stay issues and level of care changes for compliance with all regulatory sources
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master of Arts/Science degree in a mental health, psychology, social work or human services-related field required. Licensure required.
Three years clinical experience related to adult substance abuse. Must have IBC (Iowa Board of Certification - Substance Abuse) certification or receive certification within one year of employment.
Have strong working knowledge of DSM-5 and ASAM PPC – 3rd edition criteria.
Experience with case management concepts preferred.
Experience working with insurance companies in a managed care environment.
Knowledge of contractual requirements of insurance companies.
Has strong working knowledge of computers to include Word, Excel, and medical terminology.
Must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, educational and lifestyle backgrounds.
Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Must be IBC (Iowa Board of Certification – Substance Abuse) or obtain within 1 year of hire.
· Must have a Master’s Degree in Counseling or comparable behavioral health field.
· Must be licensed at one of the following levels: LISW, LMHC, LMFT, Masters or other Counselor/Clinician with independent licensure within 1 year of hire.
· Varied duties with changeable tasks dealing with both people and ideas.
· Must be mature and show ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations.
· Must show ability to make good decisions and ability to maintain high professional standards.
· Must show ability to coordinate, plan, prioritize, set goals and problem solve during stressful situations.
Requisition ID: 2021-97309
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $28.93/Hr.
Name: Powell CDC
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 8a-4:30p
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org