UnityPoint Health Dietary Technician-Taylor House in Des Moines, Iowa
Full Time Benefits
Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to care plan. Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Serves food in an attractive manner under sanitary conditions in accordance with CMS Medicare guidelines Serves meals to meet individual patient needs, including correct portion sizes, and therapeutic diets.
Prepare food, serving correct food to patients (according to physicians order) controlling appearance, temperature, portion size and sanitation.
Accept responsibility for catering for special functions.
Assure that proper methods of food preparation are utilized to preserve nutritional content.
Wash and sanitize dishes, pots, pans and equipment at temperatures required - 140°F using soap or detergent and sanitize in hot water rinse of not less than 170°F. Ensures standards are maintained to support clean, sanitary and safe environment in adherence to State Inspection.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduated high school
Trained in basic nutrition and therapeutic diets.
Has a minimum of one year experience as a food server in a health care facility.
Has a minimum of three years of experience as a food server in a health care facility.
Currently hold or obtain within 6 months of employment, certification in dietary management( i.e. Serv Safe)
Completion of at least two of the following:
· Provide 1 educational in-service per year.
· Participate in health related community projects with a minimum of 10 hours per year ( on own time)
· Enrolled in course(s) toward a college degree in related field.
· Officer or active board member of a healthcare organization.
· Mentor students (minimum of 24 hours per year).
Participate in project to promote collaboration with dietician to enhance dietary oversight of IPU patients.
Initiate and complete a Performance Improvement project for UPAH.
Attend a leadership related course.
Participate in a PDSA team.
· Complete a sign language class or be proficient in sign language and be able to incorporate into patient cares.
- Complete a Spanish class or be proficient in Spanish and be able to incorporate into patient cares.
12 hours of Food Service specific training per year
Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.
Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Ability to work a flexible schedule
Ability to prepare meals for facility residents
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Requisition ID: 2021-98347
Street: 3401 E Douglas
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Admin- IPU- DM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 9-5:30
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org