Travelers Information Technology Service Management- (ITSM) Process Practitioner in Des Moines, Iowa
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Manages tasks associated with daily execution of an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) process. Controls planning and execution of the process tasks, activities and resources to assure established cost, time, and quality goals are met. Responsible for properly applying general ITSM knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliverables, processes and systems that meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Operates within defined parameters using Traveler's ITSM methodology in accomplishing goals.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
● Build and Deployment: Support efforts to increase the speed and frequency of production releases by collaborating with Travelers enterprise to convert from legacy to modern build/deploy systems and release processes. Support day-to-day operations of the build and deployment team, including request intake, issue resolution and release coverage. Support the implementation of automated/continuous build, deploy and release processes using integrated tools in the CI/CD pipeline like GitHub/SVN, Jenkins, IBM UrbanCode Deploy (UCD), Nexus, etc. Support the organization’s movement towards cloud by providing automated deployments to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (pCF) and Amazon Web Services (AWS). New/modify build and deployment setup, release support, etc. Issue Management and support of value streams. ID and Access Management support (LDAP, Autosys, etc.). Provides analysis and support for batch job issues, changes and modernization efforts when needed.
● Release Management: May assist Release Management members during monthly releases in a variety of capacities. Confirms request for Change orders are created, approved appropriately, successful production checkout and status updates are accurate.
● Incident Management: Ensures data quality of incident tickets through daily review and ensures tickets are updated and closed in a timely manner. Holds support areas accountable for ticket updates. Helps conduct post-implementation change incident review analysis and process audits.
● Production Support: Ensures communication of incidents occurs according to agree upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Drive incident escalation per defined best practices. On-call responsibilities shared with teammates.
● Problem Management: Analyzes Incidents/Problem report summaries for trends, incomplete solutions, high profile users, and business critical services. Helps review resolved problems for permanent solutions and potential future problems.
● Change Management: May assist in developing change management policy and process recommendations. Assists developing instructions and training in support of change management.
● Configuration Management: Maintains records of Configurations Items and assists in the development of configuration plans.
● Service Request Management: Works with service owners to help drive process correction and participates in the creation of new processes. Works with appropriate partners to ensure that requests are created and delivered. Identifies and clarifies requirements for implementation – confirms proper implementation. Input/submit Service Requests, Project Records, Change Controls, and Work Orders to support various internal services.
● Reporting & Programming: Moderate report development experience, review and presentation in the areas of incident, problem, monitoring & alerting, and build/deploy. Potential involvement in assisting/leading automation development and/or programming features.
● Communication: Ability to present at all levels of the organization.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year of experience in Technology or IT Service Management role required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
One to three years of experience in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) or Service Desk role preferred.
3-5 years DevOps experience
One to three years experience of light to moderate development using some of the tools mentioned below.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies:
Strong customer partnership and communication skills. Able to communicate technical solutions in basic terminology.
High level familiarity of development life-cycles and release schedules.
Able to balance team and individual responsibilities – puts success of team above self.
Able to build and leverage relationships with peers across a highly matrixed complexity.
Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results. Can deal with stakeholder / business partner issues professionally and in a timely manner. Can demonstrate an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Planning & Project Management:
Able to set appropriate goals and prioritize tasks. Able to complete tasks within the time allocated to accomplish results.
Able to accurately evaluate and estimate new tasks.
Strong technical skills:
Programming/reporting experience would be a plus.
Moderate familiarity and prior experience with tools such as QlikView, Python, Go, SQL, .Net, AWS, Teraform, Splunk, Zabbix, Remedy, Sharepoint, etc.
Experience with some or all of the following...
Build and deployment tools, such as MSBuild and Ant
Scripting languages, such as Groovy and Python
Source control tools Git and SVN
CI/CD orchestration tools such as Jenkins, including the use of Jenkins files and “Pipeline as Code”) and UCD
Pivotal Cloud Foundry (pCF) environment
How to build and deploy code written in C#, Angular and .NET Core 2.0
.NET client, web services (IIS) server environment
Databases and database tools, including MSSQL, MySQL and MongoDB
Team collaboration and content management such as Microsoft SharePoint 2016, Slack and MS Teams
Development tools such as SQL Management Studio, Visual Studio and VS Code
Distributed environments (i.e. Windows/J2EE) and underlying infrastructure
Ticketing and work tracking with such tools as BMC Remedy and CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
- Travelers Jobs