UnityPoint Health Interpreter-Translation Services-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
The interpreter will provide accurate interpretation and translation services for limited English speaking patients, their families and health system staff. Serves as a resource for staff in providing culturally and linguistically competent health care. Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Provide accurate and effective interpretation (or translation) of procedures and other interactions for Limited English speaking patients (both adult and adolescent) their families, and staff, via phone, in person or in writing.
Brings Value to each encounter by being an advocate for the patient and family
Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations
Ability to document according to policy and bill daily closing all ends of the interpretation session
Preferred or Specialized
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Ability to maintain competency in target language.
· Medical Terminology course must be completed within six (3) months of employment.
· Must have 6 months of prior medical interpretation and translation experience.
· Must be able to communication in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Ability to pass interpreting test within first 90 days of hire.
· Board Certification (Certification received from a governing board such as NCAA) for Medical Interpreters desired but not required.
· Knowledge of target language culture
· Knowledge of dialects
· Outlook, Excel and Word
· Customer/Patient focus
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-85960
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Translation Services
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.5
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Week days, flexible hours - part time; 20 hrs/wk
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org