Black & Veatch Pursuit Strategist-Water Business Line in Des Moines, Iowa
Pursuit Strategist-Water Business Line
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 29543
Job Title : Pursuit Strategist-Water Business Line
Location : USVRTL, RGIRVINE, RGLOSA, RGLVEG, RGPHNX, RGSACR, RGWALNUT, VRTLCA, VRTLOR, VRTLWA
Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Facilitate the development of win strategies for pursuits primarily in the Western US, including facilitating strategy meetings, driving strategy implementation, developing messages and content for pursuit documents, and managing the pursuit development process through proposal delivery and interview. Has responsibility for projects that are complex and diverse in nature, and are typically long term in duration. Understands the strategy/vision of the water group. Works under minimal supervision.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Works with client directors, project managers and business development leads to manage pursuit development of multiple active, upcoming, and future opportunities
• Participates in pursuits that have a profound impact on the total organization
• Participates in prospect screening process and tracks/advances pursuits through the sales process
• Works with the team to prioritize, forecast, schedule, and plan for upcoming opportunities
• Facilitates strategy sessions, can be region or pursuit-specific, to develop a plan, messaging, and strategy to pursue and win major projects; supports multiple pursuits
• Uses Miller Heiman tools to guide pursuit development; completes and continues to update Blue Sheets for each pursuit
• Drives strategy through communicating and tracking progress on assignments and action items; continues to share updates and new information with pursuit teams; continues to refine messaging
• Plans and facilitates appropriate team calls and other means to keep the strategy moving forward between major in-person team meetings, including individual follow-up, preparation and support of client meetings or interaction, etc.
• Works with proposal coordinators and proposal managers to manage schedules and deadlines for pursuit strategies and deliverables; helps set priorities
• Leads development and implementation of pursuit plans required for statements of qualifications, proposals, and presentations; ensures external messages are tailored throughout
• Collaborates with full marketing team for pursuit, including coordinator, graphic designers, and others at times
• Writes, edits, and proofreads moderately complex communications materials
• Applies AP Stylebook principles in copyediting
• Applies standard brand guidelines to communications materials
• Reviews and edits documents for content accuracy, style, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Assists in coordination of layout, artwork, and progress through production
• Guides preparations for interviews and coaches team members on delivery
• Works with graphic designer to develop presentation and other materials when needed
• Assists and attends debriefs when appropriate
• Supports team throughout the entire pursuit process
Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Problem-solving and organization skills
Strong editorial skills
Strong facilitation skills and ability to drive relatively technical discussions
8+ years working in marketing and/or sales role, preferably with emphasis on proposals and/or pursuit management
Four-year Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, or related field with 6 years of Proposals and or Pursuit Management experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment, typical construction environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs