UnityPoint Health RN-Blank Infusion Center in Des Moines, Iowa
• Performs a variety of clinical duties; responsible for assisting the physician with direct and indirect patient care for kids 0-22 years of age in a Pediatric specialty clinics. Prepares the patient for examination, treatment, diagnostic and laboratory duties, patient education and minor surgical procedures. Perform other tasks as required, both administrative and clinical
• Answers questions and provides teaching as appropriate to scope and licensure or as directed by provider to patients and family members regarding health maintenance and medical illnesses
• Documents appropriate information in the patient’s electronic chart. Complete patient forms and requests medical records/correspondence to be scanned into the electronic health record.
• Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing
• Assist provider with patient examination, procedures and emergencies
• Provide and document advice for home care of illness/condition conducting follow up phone calls regarding patient’s health and progress as directed by provider.
• Perform diagnostic tests and laboratory procedures
• Prepare and assist provider with patient examination, specimen collection, minor surgical procedures and treatment of the patients, including administration of medication under supervision of the provider as appropriate to scope and licensure
• Demonstrate knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately
• Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps as directed, and as appropriate to scope and licensure.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Demonstrates the ability to meet the department work schedule.
Graduate of an accredited RN nursing program
Certification applicable to specialty area, i.e. APHON, PALS must be obtained within first year of hire.
- Previous clinical experience in ambulatory setting.
A state of Iowa nursing license. License must be maintained.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2021-94535
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $25.02/Hr.
Name: Blank Infusion Center- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.8
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days 8:30am-5:00pm, 32 hours/week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org