UnityPoint Health Secretary-Surgery-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Performs clerical work for surgical services. These tasks include but are not limited to; processing patient charges, collecting and recording surgical statistics; scheduling surgical procedures; maintaining files; typing minutes; answering phones, communicating information to surgical team, greeting vendors/visitors, and organizing the surgical office environment.
• Utilizes critical thinking and maintains responsibility for knowledge related to assigned area.
• Utilizes available technology to communicate with healthcare team members, physicians, physician office staff, patients, families and visitors.
• Communicates with physicians, office staff, surgical services team members, patients and families using FOCUS values.
• Processes patient care information and maintains records, i.e. patient charges, daily records, patient care records, and department files.
• Accountable for relaying patient care information and incoming messages to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Consistently delivers high quality work product in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and patient experience by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; is open and objective to other’s views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Inventories, orders, stores and maintains office supplies.
• Delivers supplies and paperwork/records to appropriate areas.
• Runs errands to other departments as necessary
Education: High School graduate or equivalent
Experience: Previous clerical experience required. Able to type accurately. Experienced in Microsoft Office application software. Previous medical experience and previous Epic EMR experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills.
Requisition ID: 2021-102100
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Surgery- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8a -4:30p
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org