Lumen SR LEAD DIGITAL UX RESEARCHER in Des Moines, Iowa
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Join Lumen’s UX Team as we re-imagine and reinvent how large Telecoms can better interact with and support their customers in a way that is more modern, digital-first, intuitive, and friendly. Design user experiences used by millions of people everyday, take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs. Collaborate with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them. Bring your experience in Design Thinking and your pragmatic user-centered and data-informed design approach to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
We are looking for an experienced UX Researcher to help drive an excellent user experience across all our digital products for new and existing Century Link, Quantum Fiber and Lumen customers.
The Main Responsibilities
• Facilitate collaborative sessions with product managers and other stakeholders to help them better define, prioritize, and reach their goals
• Develop strong relationships with our stakeholders across the organization
• Work autonomously and be able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
• Create research studies, gather data, synthesize it into actionable insights and disseminate findings to various teams through reports and presentations
• Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to better understand user behavior and motivations
• Work closely with UX Design in rapid iterative evaluation of concepts, wireframes, user flows and prototypes.
• Articulately present research findings, recommendations, and solutions to a diverse audience of designers, product owners, stakeholders, and senior leadership
• Evangelize research insights to a broad section of the company, including senior leadership, becoming the subject matter expert for questions on user behavior
• Identify opportunities to think differently about the customer experience based on research, best practices, and design thinking.
• Contribute to the team as a thought leader - identifying opportunities for process improvements, providing design feedback, and sharing insights
• Mentor, support, and bring positive energy to the UX team, especially other researchers
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 6+ years conducting user research for software, web, or app-based products
• Experience planning and executing a wide range of research and usability testing activities
• Effective facilitation and collaboration skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills that can turn complex data into a compelling story that motivates while it creates empathy and understanding
• Strong sense of independence, ownership, initiative with an ability to able to manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
• Understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a wide variety of different research methods, including when and how to apply them
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 271917
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs