UnityPoint Health Floor Finisher-Environmental Services in Dubuque, Iowa
Work hours will be evenings, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
Provides floor finishing tasks and housekeeping services throughout the hospital, that involve use of hazardous chemicals, heavy lifting and exposure to patients (including blood and body fluids). Tasks may include cleaning of patient rooms (plus transfer and discharge), and precaution room cleaning, Also completes a variety of set-ups and special events per departmental requests.
Performs extraction on carpet.
Spot cleans carpet.
Machine scrubs hard floors.
Strips hard floors and cleans baseboards.
Buffs and burnishes hard floors.
Applies finish to hard floors.
Demonstrates competence in use of all powered and un-powered equipment
Adjusts schedule as needed to accommodate project work being done (hours of day and break times).
Under direction of department staff, lifts and moves equipment (without unplugging), exam tables, etc. as needed to be enable completion of tasks.
Cleans equipment used in daily work tasks.
Vacuums, sweeps, and dry- or wet-mops public and private areas.
Properly performs high and low dusting.
Operates walk-behind or riding floor scrubber.
Operates trash compactor and box crusher.
Cleans light fixtures & vents, and changes cubicle curtains.
Ensures EVS cleaning carts, equipment and closets are kept clean and properly stocked.
Handles soiled linen, trash, and biohazards appropriately. Safely delivers biohazard trash, pharmaceutical waste, and sharps containers to storage areas; labels and tapes boxes; and prepares for pickup.
Cleans spills containing blood or bodily fluids as trained.
Wears proper PPE as needed/required.
Cleans assigned areas to department expectations.
Follows proper lifting, pushing, pulling techniques.
Communicates in a clear and positive manner with patients and families, as well as physicians and other clinical staff.
Communicates regularly with coworkers between shifts.
Effectively communicates with customers to provide a safe workplace – verbally and through proper usage of signage (“wet floor” sign, etc.) and to share information about the placement of furniture, equipment, and electrical cords during the project.
Technical / Administrative
Effectively utilizes computer to complete assigned tasks through UPH interface system and check email, Intranet, and benefits portal.
Completes daily schedule sheets and turns in at end of shift.
Reports work orders to Maintenance or Biomed for broken equipment.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Prior housekeeping/Environmental Service training/experience
· Prior experience in a patient setting
· Prior Customer Service experience
· Customer/patient focused
· Interpersonal skills
· Must be able to read, speak and understand English to properly use chemicals and to communicate with customers. Must be able to comprehend written communication to complete daily work assignments.
· Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills. Must be able to operate hospital computer.
· Ability to safely use a ladder.
· Ability to maintain prolonged kneeling and bending when working on edges and baseboards during project work.
· Must have knowledge of environmental duties and responsibilities.
· Ability to accept, demonstrate, and perform new responsibilities assigned to the Environmental Service Department.
· Must be able to exhibit tact, good judgment, honesty, and a high sense of responsibility when dealing with guests and peers.
· Must be able to complete daily work reports for completed assignments.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-92129
Street: 350 N Grandview Ave
Name: 2020 UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Name: Environmental Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Evenings, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm, for 80 hours per pay period. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org