UnityPoint Health Floor Maintenance/Environmental Services Coordinator in Dubuque, Iowa
Work hours will be evenings, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
Works with the Manager of Environmental Services and performs tasks of moderate difficulty in a variety of supervisory roles to ensure a high standard of cleaning and safety for our customers. Assists in handling day-to-day environmental services operational issues. Leads 1-25 employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws/or regulations. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. May also provide floor finishing tasks and housekeeping services throughout the hospital
Assigns tasks to employees and inspects completed work for conformance to standards. Retrains staff as needed in work processes.
Resolves employees’ problems or refers matters to EVS Manager, relevant dept. Director, or Human Resources.
Identifies and resolves process or service problems/issues on a real-time basis.
Identifies, recommends, and implements quality improvement initiatives
Has direct knowledge of every job for which responsible and is able to carry out the duties of each of those roles when needed.
Gains knowledge of employees’ strengths and weaknesses.
Monitors employee breaks and lunches for time allowance compliance.
Studies production schedules and estimates time required for completion of job assignments.
Rearranges work schedules of staff as needed to meet customer needs.
Interprets company policies for employees and enforces safety regulations.
Interprets work orders for employees and assigns duties.
Initiates or suggests plan(s) to motivate employees to achieve work goals.
Interviews and/or assists in the interview process of potential employees.
Orients new employees to daily department routines - i.e. routine cleaning and chemicals, time clock, absence reporting, paging system, and ET requests. (using department Orientation Program).
Assures ongoing competency of staff – including annual testing. Ensures annual online learning modules are completed by all staff.
Identifies variance of performance expectation and provides feedback to Manager for performance review.
Ensures that staff have the tools and products needed to do their job, right time – right place
Assists in project decisions during any facility construction – staffing; storage of furniture, draperies, etc.; item repair/replacement.
Communicates in a clear and positive manner with patients and families, as well as physicians and other clinical staff.
Communicates regularly with manager and with coworkers between shifts.
Effectively communicates with customers to provide a safe workplace – verbally and through proper usage of signage (“wet floor” sign, etc.) and to share information about the placement of furniture, equipment, and electrical cords during the project.
Technical / Administrative
Effectively utilizes computer to complete assigned tasks through UPH interface system and checks email, Intranet, and benefits portal.
Completes daily schedule sheets and turns in at end of shift.
Reports work orders to Maintenance or Biomed for broken equipment.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Prior housekeeping/Environmental Service experience
· Prior Environmental Service supervisory experience or training desired, or any equivalent combination of training and supervisory experience.
· Prior Customer Service experience
· Must have knowledge of Environmental Service/ Janitorial duties and responsibilities
· Customer/patient focused
· Interpersonal skills
· Must be able to read, speak and understand English to properly use chemicals and to communicate with customers. Must be able to comprehend written communication to complete daily work assignments.
· Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills – including Word and Excel. Must be able to operate hospital computer.
· Ability to safely use a ladder.
· Ability to maintain prolonged kneeling and bending when working on edges and baseboards during project work.
· Ability to accept, demonstrate, and perform new responsibilities assigned to the Environmental Service Department.
· Must be able to exhibit tact, good judgment, honesty, and a high sense of responsibility when dealing with guests and peers.
· Must be able to complete daily work reports for completed assignments.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality as this position works with personne/, employee records, inspection records, regulatory agencies, purchase orders, etc.
· Possesses leadership traits.
· Available for overtime and weekends for additional coverage when needed.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-98456
Street: 350 N Grandview Ave
Name: 2020 UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Evenings, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, for 80 hours per pay period. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org