Cambridge Investment Research Supervisor Business Development Support in Fairfield, Iowa
Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a national leader as a securities broker/dealer, has an opening in the Business Development department as a full time Business Development Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervisor the day-to-day activities and workflow of internal recruiters (Business Development Specialists and Business Development Consultants)
• Maintain motivation and positive team climate, administering performance reviews, ensuring adequate initial and ongoing training, and ensure adherence to company and departmental policies, procedures, and service level standards.
• Effectively manage, organize and distribute workflow within associates in the department, accommodating both expected and unexpected situations.
• Assist with management to ensure that the initiatives, objectives and goals of the department are met.
• Ensure that team members are fully trained and have the resources available to provide the acceptable service levels as established by the Business Development Management team.
• Effectively train both formally and informally, associates within the department and firm areas including but not limited to: products, websites, vendor software and proprietary software.
• Learn and keep informed about all areas of our industry, particularly as it relates specifically to areas of responsibility.
• Act as a role model and develop credibility by working to instill the Company’s common mission and vision as developed by the executive management team throughout the department.
• Oversee and insure quality control of Corporate Communications via Bulletins, Newsletter, CIR website, Business Beat, Cambridge New Flashes, Forms, e-mails, and corporate brochures.
• Report out to the Vice President, Business Development and other members of senior management on activities of the Business Development department.
• Interface and make recommendations to senior management on upgrades or enhancements for the department.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four year accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience.
• Previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7 is required.
• Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 24 is preferred.