Waldorf College Library Director in Forest City, Iowa
Waldorf University, located in Forest City, Iowa, seeks candidates for the position of Library Directorsupporting both residential and online programs. This is an immediate opening for a full-time 12 month, academic appointment with faculty status reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Director is responsible for direction of library services and planning for the future, collection development, information literacy instruction, and personnel administration. Ideal candidates will be service minded, team focused, take an active and involved approach with students, faculty, and staff, and be engaging with instructional opportunities. Expectations include professional involvement in the university, community engagement, service at state, regional and national library levels, and scholarly activities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have a Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited school
- 3+ years of librarian or director experience, preferred university/college setting
- Demonstrated effectiveness in organization, personnel management, and team leadership
- Budgeting experience preferred
- Communicate copyright information to patrons
- Background in the use of library technologies required to best serve both residential and online student/faculty needs
- Experience providing online library services preferred
- Effectively present and instruct to both student and faculty/staff groups and welcome outside groups
- Managerial skills in personnel, general budgeting, planning, and building relationships with members of the university community
- Willingness and ability to work with students, as well as provide resources and opportunities to learn to use and appreciate the university library services
- Desire and ability to grow the Library use and services
- Collegial colleague with faculty, staff and students
- Flexibility to accommodate the needs of the Library’s schedule, events, and activities
- Ability to create an exciting and fun learning environment for students through programming, promotion and events
- Appreciation of the scholarly mission of the faculty
- Appreciation of the library needs of today’s undergraduate student and role the library has in university student services
- Open-minded and willing to be actively involved as a member of the Library team
Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt and benefit eligible position. Waldorf University offers a comprehensive benefit package with including: health, life, LTD, 401k match and tuition benefits for employees and their families, in addition to options in dental, vision, supplemental and voluntary life insurances and FLEX spending plan.
To Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are asked to apply through the link below, upload their application materials including a letter of* interest outlining outreach experience, supervisory experience and interaction with undergraduate students*, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Final candidate will be subject to a background investigation.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
More information about Waldorf, visit: https://www.waldorf.edu/about, https://www.waldorf.edu/faculty-staff/departments/library