UnityPoint Health Cook-Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
40 Hours a week
Full Time Benefits
Assemble, organize, prepare, and cook or bake from scratch or convenience all meats, entrees, casseroles, soup, starches, vegetables, sauces, and bakery products, etc. to provide the menu selections for patient, cafeteria, and special function while meeting productivity levels. Is knowledgeable about and practices HACCP guidelines.
% of Time
Customer Service/Patient Care
· Prepares, organizes, assembles and cooks from scratch or convenience all meats, entrée, casseroles, soup, starches, vegetables, sauces, and bakery products etc. to provide menu selections for patient, cafeteria, and special functions.
· Cooks using standardized recipes.
· Creatively utilizes leftovers to minimize waste and decrease food cost.
· Prepares quantities indicated on computerized production sheets and special function lists.
· Pulls needed meats, eggs and vegetables from freezer in advance of production. Pans meat, bacon, sausage, strata, etc. Slicing or breading, meats needed. Baking, steaming, frying food items in advance. Pre-preps items for the next day’s menus.
· Cooks to order room service or retail grill items from customer request.
Technical & Safety
· Correctly operate department equipment that has been assigned.
· Clean and restock dishes, food, supplies during hours of operation as assigned.
· Practices HACCP guidelines for food handling and a sanitary and safe condition. Reports any equipment malfunction to a supervisor. Monitors and records temperatures, utilizes safe food handling techniques, maintains a clean orderly work station.
· Practices sanitary and safe food management conditions that include, but are not limited to, maintenance and operation of equipment, temperature control, utilization of food handling techniques, communication of equipment malfunctions and hazards, and maintaining a clean and orderly work station.
· Practices clean as you go through the shift
· Performs routine cleaning duties as assigned by manager or supervisors
· Completes sanitation logs.
· Completes production sheets.
· Checks out with superior or team lead at the end of their shift
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Education or GED
Less than one year
ServSafe Food Handler (Training Provided)
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Machines: Ovens, Hot Food Carts, Scales, Fryers, Mixers, Grill/Stove, Blast Chiller, Blenders, Steamers, Meat Slicers, Buffalo Chopper, Tilt steam kettles, Thermometer, and all other pertinent food service equipment.
Requisition ID: 2020-78894
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Nutrition Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 40 hours a week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org