UnityPoint Health RN Clinical Informaticist Specialist in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
RN Clinical Informaticist Specialist
FTE: .3 FTE (Part-time, 12 hours per week)
· Responsible to master specific Epic applications and TRMC workflows. Teach the application(s) to others within the organization following the standardized and best practice curriculum
· Identifies, issues and opportunities within the EHR, seeks approval for enhancement requests, and assists in the prioritization and implementation of these system changes.
· Collaborates with UPH IT, physicians and clinical staff to insure EHR implementations are optimized based on clinical workflow
· Effective communication with leadership and end users to ensure smooth implementation of new functional elements, applications, and major releases.
· Understands and addresses the impact of the EMR on other clinical applications and operations
· Develops departmental operational and management backup procedures for business continuity, and downtime recovery.
· Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of training procedures and materials for assigned application
· Assist in the schedule and coordination of training resources across TRMC.
· Provides training for clinical staff following UPH standardized curriculum
· Monitors training progress and reports critical issues as they arise.
· Keeps current by reviewing pertinent literature and attending job related educational programs/workshops
· Ensures compliance with regulatory standards as they apply to departmental systems.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Associate Degree Nursing
5 years clinical experience
Management or Healthcare related IT systems experience with responsibilities in area of project management.
Iowa License – Registered Nurse
Must achieve Epic Credentialed Trainer status within 4-6 months of hire for assigned Epic modules.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Analytical, accountable, collaborative, effective communication-written & verbal, flexible, maintain good Interpersonal skills, leadership skills, manages priorities, planning and organizing skills, professional, and works effectively as a team member.
Adaptability, Technical aptitude – ability to learn new systems quickly, knowledgeable in the use of the electronic health record, experience with healthcare IT applications, effective use of Microsoft Office Professional products
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle or rental
Requisition ID: 2021-92710
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Clinical Informatics
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.3
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8:00a - 4:30p; 12 hours per week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org