UnityPoint Health Supervisor HME Operations-Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Supervisor HME Operations
Full Time Benefits
The HME Supervisor of Operations- Home Medical Equipment oversees the daily operations of assigned service lines within the Home Medical Equipment division of UnityPoint at Home and may include HME Intake, Respiratory Care, Retail Sales, Complex Mobility, Repair Services and the Delivery support area.
The Supervisor of Operations is accountable for direct supervision of the applicable service line staff. The scope of responsibility includes staff scheduling, operational training, problem resolution, quality assurance monitoring, acting as a resource for staff as well as performing the basic duties of each area as needed.
This position will develop, implement and track processes to assure the accuracy and efficiency of processes and regulatory compliance to optimize the organization’s revenue cycle. This position will assist in the planning, build, and operational workflows to support changes in documentation requirements related to Home Medical Equipment and Supplies and are critical to the on-going success of patient and referral source satisfaction.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Direct Supervision of Staff
· Responsible for hiring and employee termination decisions.
· Responsible for the training and orientation of new employees to departmental processes by providing one-on-one training and dialogue, ensuring appropriate resources, and understanding of expectations and job duties for each unique area supervised.
· Responsible for development of departmental expectations and standards for each area supervised, and staff accountability to expectations.
· Conducts competency checks and performance reviews with employees and takes responsibility for follow-through on identified action plans.
· Maintains employee work schedules to ensure departments are adequately staffed at all times.
· Answers questions and resolves problems specific to each area of responsibility to maximize efficiency and ensure patient requests are handled in a professional and timely manner.
· Responsible for monitoring activity, to ensure that processes are being handled appropriately, staffing is adequate for activity levels, and that staff productivity levels are maximized.
· Develops and monitors department metrics and key performance indicators, including activity and productivity measures for each area supervised. Makes appropriate adjustments as needed.
· Ensures that regulatory and documentation requirements are met.
· Effectively and efficiently manages equipment inventory and other resources of assigned service lines.
· Applies knowledge of assigned service line product to anticipate customer needs and support product selection and pricing decisions.
· Develops working knowledge of referring department’s workflows to assist referral sources with referral processes and medical justification requirements.
· On an as needed basis, provides direct sales support for assigned service line products to customers, including education and follow-up.
· Responsible for documenting and following up on patient complaints related to areas of responsibility.
· Utilizes staff meetings, daily huddles and other tools to ensure staff compliance and alignment with UnityPoint at Home’s mission, vision, goals, and service behaviors.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Associate degree in business or health related field or equivalent of at least 3-5 years in health care customer service or HME billing environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or health related field.
· 5 or more years of experience in the HME industry
· In-depth knowledge of the unique service line functions for HME delivery services, Complex Mobility and Repairs, and HME retail sales including compression garments, orthopedic devices and home modifications.
· In-depth knowledge of the unique regulatory and reimbursement requirements relevant to each of the areas supervised
· 3-5 years of experience in a sales or customer service role in the HME industry.
· Demonstrated experience in training, leading and/or motivating staff in a dynamic environment.
· Experience and proficiency in computer applications. (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.)
· Proven customer service skills.
· Detail oriented, well organized and able to work independently and with a team.
· Ability to have positive interaction with staff being supervised, including counseling, dialogues, problem solving and employee performance.
· Ability to prioritize tasks, and direct staff accordingly so that departmental and organizational targets are met.
· Ability to problem solve and analyze issues that come up related to:
HME software system
Departmental day-to-day operations
· Ability to address concerns of physicians, patients, families, referrals or internal staff
· Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and respond to a diverse group of customers.
· Excellent listening, analytical, and time management skills.
· Basic knowledge of the unique service line functions for HME delivery services, Complex Mobility and Repairs, and HME retail sales including compression garments, orthopedic devices and home modifications.
· Basic knowledge of specific regulatory and reimbursement requirements relevant to each of the areas supervised.
· Knowledge of health insurance billing and authorizations/referrals.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong customer focus
· Business acumen
· Interpersonal skills
· Technical aptitude
· Problem solving
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-102495
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Admin- HME- FD
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org