UnityPoint Health RN Acute-Med/Surg-Grinnell - Nights in Grinnell, Iowa
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. The RN guides and supervises nursing personnel, collaborates with other health care professionals, and coordinates ancillary staff.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
• Assesses the needs to patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
• Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
• Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
• Demonstrates times management skills by delivering care and completing assignments in a timely manner and exercises safe judgment in decision making.
• Reports, in a timely manner, pertinent patient observations, significant incidents, or any changes in patient’s condition to appropriate person.
• Delivers high quality of care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
• Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
• Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement while maintaining in the plan of care.
• Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
• Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration follows medication administration rights and processes, and appropriately documents all administered medications.
Clinical Excellence & Patient Education
• Maintains direct responsibility for nursing care of assigned patients within the Registered Nurse Scope of Practice.
• Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
• Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
• BSN – Preferred
• 6 months of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency
• Current Iowa Registered Nurse License
• Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain within 3 months from date of hire
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – Preferred
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – Preferred
Requisition ID: 2020-76906
Street: 210 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Nursing Med/Surg
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 7p-7a
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org