Cardinal Health Sr. Consultant, Talent Management (Leadership Effectiveness Programs) in Iowa
What Talent Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Human Resources designs, implements and delivers human resource programs and policies, including recruitment, talent management, diversity and inclusion, compensation and benefits, among others. This function anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs in alignment with business strategies.
Talent Management designs, implements and administers programs that optimize the use and development of the organization's talent and that meet current and future business needs while enabling a positive culture. This job family manages the organization's performance measurement systems and analyzes employee engagement and similar workforce analytics to inform the design of talent programs. Talent Management also conducts individual talent and team effectiveness assessments to support succession planning, high-potential employee development, and organizational design initiatives.
The Leader Effectiveness Sr. Consultant role is responsible for delivering executive-level and differentiated development offerings in addition to our global mentoring program within Cardinal Health. This Sr. Consultant will also take the lead in a project management capacity to bring equity to and mitigate bias throughout our talent processes. This role reports to the Director of Talent Management-Leader Effectiveness and will work with peers in Talent Management, DE&I leaders, HR Business Partners, various HR COEs and key business leaders throughout the company. This role will also partner with key external vendors to deliver program solutions. As a part of the talent management team, this role will support the implementation of the talent strategy and established priorities.
The key responsibilities include:
Operate as a program manager for executive leadership development program
Plan, design, build, program manage, and deliver content for EDX, our executive development program for Vice President and above leaders
- Partner closely with an external vendor and CEO/CHRO executive sponsors
Serve as a program manager for various differentiated diversity development programs
Plan, develop, implement and program manage differentiated development programs for our underrepresented talent aligned to our leadership development roadmap
- Partner closely with external vendors to deliver optimal solutions that meet the organization goals
- Collaborate with the Cardinal Health Diversity & Inclusion team and our DE&I governing forums (DE&I Steering Council, Black and African American Racial Equity Cabinet, & GenerationNext)
- Evaluate existing programs and identify opportunities for enhancements
Provide support for other Leader Effectiveness and Talent Management programs
Engagement with the Leadership Development Alumni Network (LDAN)
- Creation of external development curriculum catalogue
- Provide coaching to the enterprise on development assessments, such as 360, StrengthsFinder and Hogan
- Assist with team effectiveness facilitation i.e. New Leader Acceleration, StrengthsFinder Team Discovery sessions and Hogan Team sessions
- Provides support on organizational culture initiatives, as needed
Serve as a program manager for the Cardinal Health’s Global Mentoring Program
Manage the relationship with our third-party vendor
- Support Open Mentoring program and the program ambassadors for the 20+ career, function or diversity specific programs within the platform
Continue to identify opportunities to streamline and drive efficiency
Demonstrate knowledge of talent management theories, practices and solutions.
Provide talent management recommendations and solutions to all organizational levels, including senior leadership.
- Accelerate the development of successors through developing future capabilities.
- Thought partner for Leader Effectiveness peers on the evolution of existing Leadership Development programs and any new programs in their area of responsibility
- Partner closely with our Learning & Delivery COE team to ensure cohesiveness across all our Leadership Development offerings
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 5+ years in related field, Talent Management or HR Business Partner experience strongly preferred
- Certified StrengthsFinder, 360 Feedback and Hogan coach preferred
- Demonstrated ability to turn theory into action and practical application
- Subject matter expertise in talent processes, program management along with strong project management and implementation abilities
- Demonstrated business acumen and change leadership
- Ability to develop strong relationships and influence others, including senior level leadership
- Office 360 experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.