Wells Dairy Inc. Business Development Manager - Customer Brands in Le Mars, Iowa
The Customer Brands Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets and budget management in support of strategic growth plans for Customer Brands. Responsible for cross functional leadership, strategy, planning, analysis, insight generation, and implementation of all marketing functions, including product management across multiple channels. Understands customer base and lead partnership assistance as needed.
- Knows corporate org structure and key contacts; Knows buyer styles and needs; Knowledge of customer SWOT; Full understanding of complete Corporate financial review.
- Proactively addresses customer issues; Has working relationships with adjacent departments (i.e., transportation, warehouse); Leads annual joint business planning meetings with buyer and one-up.
- Applies CatMan principles; Converts data to insights; Uses insights to influence customer behavior; Demonstrates category knowledge and performance drivers; Awareness of key Consumer and Shopper Insights.
- Complete pre-call planner; adept at anticipating customer response/needs; strategic alternatives; anticipates objections well; knows buyer's style; plan strategic alternatives.
- Develop appropriate plans and take necessary steps to achieve targeted KPIs. Involved in development of annual plans; develops understanding of P&L components and effectively manages controllable P&L drivers.
- Independently utilizes internal promotional tools; Ability to analyze pre/post promotional results; involves customer in promotional planning, and influences full customer investment.
- Independently utilizes forecasting tools; has full comprehension of Wells' forecasting processes; provides forecasting inputs to internal teams, often reaching beyond just demand planning.
- Understand and clearly communicate Company and team vision, strategies,and expectations; Hold team members accountable and ensure team focus aligns with company and team strategies.
- Utilize NPD tools internally to lead a cross functional team through a disciplined, collaborative approach. Set priorities as needed to drive success and minimize waste.
- Complete project management template(s); Effectively lead cross functional team to ensure on time, on budget and on strategy projects for our internal or external customers needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 4 years Account Selling experience with a CPG company, experience supporting key, complex accounts.
- Intimate knowledge of Retail industry, preferably including ice cream, novelty and total frozen desserts.
- Strong presentation skills and influential communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to help foster and develop relationships that will continue to help grow the business base and create opportunities for future growth.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within a broad scope of responsibility and a fast-paced environment. Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Req ID: 2000001183