USG Corporation Board Production Operator - 2nd Shift - BENEFITS ON DAY ONE! in Mediapolis, Iowa
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) AND PENSION with Company Match, Short Term Disability Provided, $50k Life Insurance Provided, PPE provided including steel toes & Rx safety glasses
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers.
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into MDIS system.
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment
Entry level wage rate $17.83 /hour
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety and housekeeping rules.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Take measurements to verify product is within specifications.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn to operate and troubleshoot plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Willingness to work fixed second shift.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Sperry-Board #1
Title: Board Production Operator - 2nd Shift - BENEFITS ON DAY ONE!
Requisition ID: SPE10269
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.
- USG Corporation Jobs