UnityPoint Health Housekeeper I in Muscatine, Iowa
Performs work of routine difficulty in a variety of cleaning tasks that involve use of hazardous chemicals, heavy lifting, and exposure to patients (including blood and body fluids). Daily cleaning of patient rooms (plus transfer and discharge), and precaution room cleaning, Completes a variety of set-ups and special events per departmental requests.
% of Time
EVS Housekeepers will complete daily work as assigned including: daily cleaning of patient rooms, discharges, cleaning of outpatient areas and support rooms or other tasks as assigned. Will also be required to use a ladder when needed.
EVS Housekeeper I will complete an assigned task by:
· Wearing proper PPE
· Following proper lifting, pushing, pulling techniques
· Able to use ladders to clean light fixtures, vents, and change cubicle curtains
· Able to operate walk behind or riding floor scrubber
· Sweeping, dry or wet mopping public and private areas
· Proper high and low dusting
· Taking proper care of department equipment, cleaning EVS cleaning carts, equipment & closets and insuring they are stocked properly
· Will handle soiled linen, trash, and biohazard appropriately
· Able to properly clean assigned areas to department expectations
· Able to operate trash compactor and box crusher
· Able to clean spills containing blood or bodily fluids
· Able to deliver biohazard trash, pharmaceutical waste, and sharps containers to storage areas, label and tape boxes and prepare for pickup
· Able to clean hazardous spills as trained
TECHNICAL / ADMINISTRATIVE / CLINICAL: Demonstrates competence in the skills, processes, procedures, and equipment necessary to carry out assigned duties as identified below.
· Able to utilize computer to be assigned tasks through UPH interface system, check email, UPH Intranet, and benefits portal.
· Complete Daily schedule sheets and turn in at end of shift.
· Reports work orders to maintenance or biomed for broken equipment.
· Demonstrates competence in communicating with patients and families
· Demonstrates competence in communicating with nursing staff and physicians
· Communicates with coworkers between shifts
· Communicates with customers to provide a safe workplace while completing project – verbally and through proper usage of signage; “wet floor” sign etc.
· Communicates with customers about the placement of furniture, equipment, and electrical cords during the project
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Environmental Service training and / or experience in a patient setting and/or Customer Service preferred, not required
Must have knowledge of environmental duties and responsibilities. Be able to accept, demonstrate, and perform new responsibilities assigned to the Environmental Service Department. Must be able to exhibit tact, good judgment, honesty, and a high sense of responsibility when dealing with guests and peers. Must be able to comprehend written communication to complete daily work assignments. Must be able to complete daily work reports for completed assignments. Must be able to read, speak and understand English to use chemicals and to communicate with customers. Must be able to operate hospital computer. Must be able to use a ladder.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-95229
Street: 1518 Mulberry Ave
Name: 6110 UnityPoint Health Muscatine Trinity
Name: Environmental Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 2nd shift 3PM - 11:30 PM
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org