CTG Manufacturing Engineer in Muscatine, Iowa
Muscatine, Iowa, United States
Jun 01, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is assisting a client in Muscatine, IA for a Manufacturing Engineer!
Pay Rate: Up to $42.00/hour
The Manufacturing Engineer provides operational support to the packaging process and utilizes Lean Manufacturing Principles to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and implement solutions that drive improved safety performance, product quality, production efficiency, and capability to collect/analyze process data. Must have proven Lean Manufacturing methodology experience within a packaging process and/or experience supporting a packaging operation
• Implement and execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and design
• Develop measurement systems and prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Optimize manufacturing processes to drive improvements in safety, product quality, efficiency, and process repeatability
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product specification, packaging component design, and process equipment capability; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by optimizing facility layouts, workflow, production line performance, and machine operation
• Keeps equipment operational by evaluating and proposing maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions, established procedures, and industry best practices
• Supporting training of staff in new and existing processes
• Lead value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas.
• Identify manufacturing cost reductions and provide ROI justifications for change.
• Performance, and process optimization with all changes documented through the Management of Change (MOC) process
• Comply with Site safety requirements and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered solutions.
• Support Site and Plant Production System improvements (Lean manufacturing principles)
Key Working Relation:
• Direct report to the Area Leader; direct interface with plant management, shift leaders, and support services representatives (e.g. maintenance and QHSE)
• Coordination and mutual cooperation with plant and site personnel to deliver an efficient, effective, compliant, and responsive support to the shift organization
• Education: Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Related Science
• Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role
• Familiarity with manufacturing processes, equipment, and quality assurance techniques
• Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
• High Volume / High Mix Experience
• Operational Lean Certification
• Rapid Improvement Methodology
• Cycle Time and Setup Reduction project experience
• Lean Implementation Experience
• Creating and managing Visual Management tools
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No
- CTG Jobs