Sparboe Farms Plant Manager in New Hampton, Iowa
Sparboe Foods is a growing company that prides itself on giving its employees ample opportunities to learn, develop, and advance within the organization. Employees work in a clean, safe, temperature controlled environment.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Plant Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Plant Manager for Sparboe Foods is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of operations in Sparboe Foods’ New Hampton plant. Lead and oversee the New Hampton plant operations to achieve short and long-range business goals in productivity, quality, and safety objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Vice President of Operations in setting location level key performance objectives (KPOs) and operational indicators, establish strategies, and sustain performance accordingly.
- Ensure Team Members are trained on all performance indicators and expectations and have the tools to be proactive in achieving goals.
- Lead the New Hampton Team to meet our customer quality and delivery expectations, and assure that the facility is “audit ready” at all times by implementing a consistent internal audit process (audit ready scorecard) with follow up actions to satisfy customer, regulatory, USDA and food safety requirements.
- Lead the Operations activities necessary to ensure regulatory compliance, manage/ prevent risk, and maintain an effective business continuity strategy for Sparboe Foods. Lead the proactive implementation of solutions and efficiencies. Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Establish and sustain a culture of continuous improvement to identify and implement improvements in work methods, procedures and operations that increase efficiency, profitability and quality.
- Hire, develop and retain management, and operations personnel, providing direction, leadership, mentoring, and motivation with the objective of building and maintaining a high performing Sparboe Foods organization.
- Ensure that each department has the appropriate management and lead personnel who are responsible for fully training all positions to create an efficient operation and achieve location objectives. Provide leadership on the management activities needed to acquire, train, and retain effective staff in all positions.
- Lead the development of Operations financial budgets and capital plans, participate and present during monthly reviews. Ensure that assets are maintained and that budgets are met. Participate in, recommend Foods strategic and annual plan development, and directs communication, implementation and execution of operations plans.
- Advocate for the Corporate Safety Program and provide leadership at the location level on all safety procedures and improvements. Collaborate with the Corporate Safety function to ensure employees are working safely and injuries are prevented.
- Collaborate with Farms and Logistics to identify and maintain efficient and cost-effective channels of product delivery and distribution.
- Collaborate with all Sparboe Company support functions (logistics, finance, IT, legal, human resources, and sales and marketing) to achieve business objectives and develop a strong, functional and cooperative culture.
- Maintain consistent involvement in community relations by Managers and Supervisors to assure that Sparboe is a good steward within the communities in which we do business.
- Some travel to other Sparboe Companies locations or customers for special projects.
- Other projects and items as requested.
- Strategic: Visionary who is able to see “what, how and when”, is willing to swim against the current, chart the course and lead the organization.
- Personable: Dedicated to strong relationships with customers and employees, with excellent communication skills, is inspirational and able to lead people through genuine affiliation and persuasion.
- Effective communicator: Able to clearly articulate the vision and plan, provide direct and clear feedback and able to positively influence others.
- Energetic and strong: Enthusiastic individual who is tough with fire in the belly; willing to do what it takes; able to endure uncertainty and challenges, is creative and flexible enough to change course when necessary.
- Insatiably curious: Life-long learner, who constantly seeks new knowledge, engages in self-improvement, smart and focused on what matters.
- Ethical, loyal and trustworthy with a high degree of professionalism.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS/BA or equivalent in Agri-Business, Management, Engineering or other related field.
- 10+ years of relevant management experience, prefer food processing, further egg processing or dairy products.
- Lean or Six Sigma certified preferred
- P&L; experience, strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent intuition and deductive reasoning for assessing opportunities
- Keen insight and proactive ability to identify, assess and manage risk
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing people effectively and leading operations function.
- Managerial and administrative effectiveness to achieve stated objectives through others
- Demonstrated ability to get results in a team-oriented, participative environment
- Skills and experience with labor, hiring and management practices, including building and maintaining high performance organizations
- Decisive and collaborative leader with the ability to drive performance through multiple organizational levels
- Familiar with and experienced in living and managing in a rural, Midwest manufacturing culture
- Results-oriented problem solver
- Strategic and tactical; able to translate strategy into plans and execution
- Demonstrated operational leadership; hands-on management style; effective decision-maker
- Sound judgment and unwavering ethics; honest, stable, reliable
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are only accepted online. Please follow this link on this posting to fill out an application.
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: July 14, 2018