Pipestone System Registered Vet Tech in Orange City, Iowa
Objective:The Veterinary Technician will assist in veterinary procedures, animal handling, and miscellaneous roles to the clinic and health care team.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make recommendations to management and current staff concerning patient care protocols, equipment needs and upkeep, appointment efficiencies, patient care, and follow through with protocols.
- Work with the Practice Manager to develop and implement standard operating procedures to ensure high quality care for our patients.
- Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, and treatments, as prescribed by the veterinarian.
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and Pipestone core values.
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of the veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics.
- Obtain radiographs of animals with knowledge of proper positioning and techniques.
- Care for and monitor the condition of animals recovering from surgery or hospitalized patients.
- Perform laboratory tests on blood, urine, and feces, such as urinalyses and blood counts, to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems.
- Administer emergency first aid, such as performing emergency resuscitation or other lifesaving procedures.
- Provide the veterinarian with the correct equipment and instruments, as needed.
- Prepare animals for surgery, performing such tasks as shaving surgical areas and placing IV catheters.
- Communicate & educate clients on hospital's preventative medicine protocols, make recommendations based on patient's best interest, and effectively communicate messages from the veterinarian to the client.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Ability to provide strong leadership.
- Encourage positive culture with clients and employees in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Strong client service skills. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required. Ability to greet clients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Ability to effectively use all available resources to provide the best patient care.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential.
Education: Completion of Veterinary Technician course. RVT license required or ability to provide proof of knowledge and experience.
Experience: Veterinary hospital/clinic previous experience preferred. New graduates considered.
Training:Various internal training courses Occasional seminars at remote locations
Additional *Requirements:*Must be able to work on a weekend rotation as needed . Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation to get to work and attend meetings
Work* Environment:* Veterinary hospital clinic and office environment. Noise levels that require hearing protection in some areas
Physical* Requirements:* Standing, walking and ability to be on feet 8 to 10 hours per day Frequent bending, reaching, squatting and kneeling
Frequent use of one or both hands/arms to grasp or pull. Frequent lifting of objects weighing 3-20 pounds
Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds, or requiring up to 50 pounds of force to move
Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 100 pounds or requiring up to 100 pounds of force to move with the assistance of another person as needed
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Ability to attend and participate in meetings of various length
ALL ADDRESSES: Orange City, IA
Job Title: Registered Vet Tech
Location: PVC of Orange City-10203
Req Num: 20-382