UnityPoint Health Certified Nursing Assistant-ICU in Sioux City, Iowa
7pm-7am every other weekend
The nursing assistant assists in patient care throughout all nursing areas. Duties include assisting patients with their ADL’s, transporting patients in various types of equipment and ambulation, documentation of care and treatments done and observes patients for safety and condition change and reports to appropriate staff.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance and programs to help save for the future, such as 401(k) and Health Savings Account (HAS).
Personal Growth & Development: Learning, career opportunities and other experiences that support professional and personal growth.
Well-Being: Programs, activities and resources designed to enhance physical, financial and emotional well-being.
Recognition: The formal and informal ways to appreciate and celebrate each other.
Purpose: The meaningful connection between our daily work, team members, patients and the communities we serve.
Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Want to know about our culture and benefits? Click here to find out more: https://uphtotalrewards.com/.
Delivery of Care
Assists patients with ADL’s according to hospital procedures, reports all abnormal findings and changes in patient condition to Registered Nurse in charge of patient. Assists with ambulation of patients, and uses assist devices as appropriate to protect patient and staff member.
Assists with restocking of rooms and maintain a safe and clean environment.
Follows all established infection control policies, and recognizes role in providing safety to the patient.
Obtain EKG under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
Transfer of patients to other areas of the hospital under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
Insertion of urinary catheters under the direction of the registered nurse.
Cleaning and general housekeeping of rooms between patients.
- Documents vital signs, weights, activity, intake and outputs, and ADL care given to patient in electronic health record.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Enrollment in a Nursing Program
· Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
· EMT/Paramedic or Certified Nursing Assistant certification.
· Certified nursing assistant or completion of training in nursing school that covers nursing assistant type duties.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 6 months of hire.
· Completion of Crisis Prevention Intervention within 90 days of hire.
· Basic computer knowledge
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
· Ability to move and lift patients and use appropriate equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
· Effective interpersonal relationships and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written).
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-102161
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Intensive Care Unit- SLRMC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org