UnityPoint Health Mechanic Maintenance in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Sioux City, IA
Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; minor lock repair; equipment inspection and assembly; life safety inspections; drain maintenance; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; moving equipment and furniture; and repairing buildings, walls, floors, or stairs.
Key Accountability - 55% annually
- Accepts and responds to work requests for general maintenance and repair of closures, mobile equipment, installed hospital systems, various piping systems, minor plumbing, minor electrical, move requests, simple temp complaints, and other requests as assigned by management.
Key Accountability - 30% annually
- Inspects and initiates repairs to Life Safety Systems such as fire barriers, med gas systems, fire/smoke walls, egress and emergency lighting, fire sprinkler systems, and fire suppression systems.
Key Accountability - 5% annually
- Attend and teach training subjects in formal, in formal, computer based, and OJT settings.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria - 10% annually
Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- High school or equivalent
- 3-5 years familiar with mechanical systems
- Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Work as a team
Possess basic computer skills
Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Demonstrate flexibility in a dynamic environment
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental, or own
Requisition ID: 2020-80758
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Plant Operations- SLRMC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: TBD
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org