Mosaic Staff Development Specialist in Urbandale, Iowa
Mosaic is a national faith-based healthcare provider of services to people with diverse needs including intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism support, behavioral therapy and senior care. Our 3,800 employees and 800 independent contractors provide a life of possibilities to nearly 4,000 people across 10 states and 400+ communities.
Building upon more than a century of service, Mosaic navigates continuous transformation in service delivery while maintaining a focus on those things that matter most: people served and their families, the people who serve, and our mission of service and advocacy.
About the position:
Whatever your role at Mosaic, you have an opportunity to make a difference every day. We help people with disabilities lead healthy lives, voice their needs, and find and develop a caring community. It is satisfying, life-changing work.
In this role you will:
- Coordinates all in-service and orientation training for staff.
- Works closely with supervisory staff in all training needs.
Requirements and additional skills needed for Staff Development Specialist position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience in the field of developmental disabilities.
- Certification as an instructor in CPR and Behavior Safety Training or achieve this within 90 days of employment.
Additional skills needed for Staff Development Specialist
- Ability to navigate and support others in technology.
- Ability to represent Central Iowa as liaison with other community providers/agencies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate instructor led training in the agency
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, be flexible and reliable.
- Welcome Ambassador for agency Virtual Onboarding
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled