Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa Acute Rehab RN-Registered Nurse in Waterloo, Iowa
Provide physical and emotional support to patients of all ages as they adapt to permanent lifestyle changes. Patients are on the unit for approximately 2-3 weeks and you get the chance to impact their road to recovery! Nursing shifts are 8 hours on the weekday and 12 hours on the weekend.
Through evidence-based practice, the RN utilizes critical thinking to assess, plan, implement and evaluate outcome based care of patients. The RN supervises and coordinates care provided to patients by the LPN, Patient Care Assistants and other nursing team members. The RN facilitates communication with physicians, patient and family, other departments and/or team members.
Adheres to MercyOne Northeast Iowa's performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of MercyOne Northeast Iowa.
8 hour shifts Mon-Fri, 12 hour weekend shifts, every 3rd weekend, holiday rotation
No prior experience required. For Preceptor, Patient Education Representative: Minimum of 2 years nursing experience (and/or 2 years in specialty area as applicable), and recommendation by manager, peer, and a physician.
- High language, intermediate to high math, high critical thinking ability.
- Basic computer skills required. Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
Ability to work under pressure and with a large degree of independence and accountability. Ability to lead/direct others in a high stress situation/environment.
Current Iowa RN license, BLS, Mandatory Reporter.
- NRP (Nurs., L&D).
- ACLS-(ED, ICU, L&D, ASU, O/P Clinic; Mercy- M/S)
- TNCC-(ED; CMC-ICU; SMH-ICU preferred)
- PALS-(ED; Peds; ICU).
- In ICU must complete cardiac monitoring course and/or select units of Advance Nursing/Critical Care Course or comparable, and ACLS within 12 months in ICU.
- Rehab-FIM certified.
- Hazardous Materials Training- ED
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCI) within 6 months of hire.(ED; ICU, Mental Hlth, CD)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled