UnityPoint Health RN Visit Pediatrics in Waterloo, Iowa
RN Visit Nurse
UnityPoint at Home - Pediatrics Home Care
Waterloo Region-Various Locations Within Region (Possible Positions in These Counties: Black Hawk, Bremer, Butler, Buchanan, Chickasaw, Fayette, Floyd, Franklin, Grundy, Hardin, Howard, Marshall, Winnishiek)
$2500 Sign on bonus!
Part-time, 24 hours per week (Days, weekends)
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Match, Disability Coverage, Paid Time Off/Holidays, Critical Care Coverage, Parental Leave, Annual Pay Raise and more!!
Provide skilled nursing care to pediatric/young adult patients with special health care needs for shifts of time in the patient’s home. Perform prescribed activities directed under the patient’s physician’s care which may include; patient assessments, feedings, respiratory system management, medication administration, activities of daily living, and therapy programs. Assist in care coordination with care team. May be responsible for transportation of patient.
· Delivers quality patient care consistent with Home Health Conditions of Participation, qualifying home care criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care. Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
· Communicates with Registered Nurse and participates in care coordination to achieve high quality care.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager/Clinical Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective operations of the organization.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time entries.
· Train and orient new staff as assigned.
· Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings and Pediatric Learning Lab/skills fair as scheduled; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of State Board approved program for LPN or RN and valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
· CPR Certification.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures, including department work rules.
· Preferred experience working in clinical healthcare position.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Maintenance of an acceptable driving record (i.e., no “OWI” convictions in last 7 years or no more than 3 moving violations in last 3 years). An unacceptable driving record may result in suspension, termination or transfer to another position not requiring the ability to drive.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-93342
Street: 3731 University Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Hours- Ext- WL
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Various day hours
External Company Name: UnityPoint Health
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org