Nestle Facility Quality Assurance Specialist in Waverly, Iowa
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
The Manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist role performs a variety of quality control inspections on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality standards. They also manage finished product release criteria (i.e. net contents, sensory program, Critical Control Point [CCP]). Responsibilities for this role will include internal auditing, recording statistical data and analyzing production data to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing standards. Reporting to the Manager of Facility Quality, they have the direct ability to impact product quality and ensure only quality product is delivered to the consumer and customers. This role contributes to the Quality Departmental budget goals; supports and participates in innovation/renovation activities and programs; and supports the development and implementation of projects assigned to enable the achievement of business objectives.
• Follow and carry out company Quality Policy on all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), quality and food safety requirements.
• Escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents to management.
• Ensures the compliance for FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in their area of responsibility.
• Advise and train Production Operators in attaining Nestlé quality standards.
• Responsible for reviewing and updating factory policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in compliance to Nestlé standards.
• Responsible for tracking, releasing or holding finished product from production for retail and institutional sale.
• Report out detailed information regarding the products that are held and released.
• Support traceability exercises, product trace and recall procedures.
• Support root cause analysis and provide information on deposition decisions for held product.
• Responsible for learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the SAP Quality Management module.
• Responsible for hold product and rework/reprocessing documentation review.
• Responsible for conducting sensory sessions for raw materials, packaging and finished product.
• Provide product release support to outside warehouses.
• Responsible for supporting the factory food allergen management program and product coding maintenance.
• Supports production in decisions related to quality and food safety.
• Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor.
• Participates in and/or lead problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
• Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up activities of the alerts.
• Maintain consumer complaint awareness for the production lines.
• Execute daily review of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) documentation.
Safety & Environmental
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
• Be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety improvement.
(BA/BS) in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years of related work experience; prefer 3 years manufacturing and/or laboratory experience in food industry.
Prefer knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Solid mathematical and statistical skills required.
Agile, detail oriented
Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Proficiency with computers, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.); SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
- Nestle Jobs